VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

681 - 692 of 692 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Oh boy,I would have loved to have seen that; I've been to NJMP a few times (mostly just as a spectator/profile pic was taken at track) . They do have power poles and wires running across the infield area in spots , as I recall.Wow!

from Rennlist:

In advance of the 14 hour AER race at New Jersey Motorsports Park this weekend, officials sent out a Facebook post advising participants that eight of the paddock spots have no power due to a damaged transformer. Nothing all that unusual but a PITA none the less. The back story, if multiple witnesses are to be believed is comedy that you just can't write. It seems that a first time track day participant really thought that he should be in the advanced run group. His credentials? He was a ranked video gamer. One source says the game in question was Mario Kart. When the powers that were that day were un-swayed by his CV he decided to show off his mad skilz by drifting through the paddock and into said transformer. Sources also stated that his car, (you guessed it, a Mustang) was impounded by Milleville police.

·
Registered
35,186 Posts
That's rollover damage with no evidence of hooning. They could have been on Instagram while doing 5 under the limit on a mountain road and just driven right off the edge. Doesn't count.

681 - 692 of 692 Posts