-Maxton design GTI front race splitter
-MaxtonDesign rear diffuser
-Neuspeed rse-10 18x8.5 et45 wrapped in 245/40/10 firehawk Indy 500's
-Rokblokz mudflaps w/ gray decal
-Suntek ppf wrap (clear bra)
-TPI open end lug nuts
-Urotuning rear wiper delete
-U.S. Millworks front license plate mount
-Weathertech wind deflectors (dark tint)

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Same car I have! personally I think the stock wheels look better in 18" than 19"s, going to use mine for winter wheels next year.

PS - you definitely have shipping pucks in the front end, be sure the dealer gets ALL OF THEM out. I had the dealer miss one on mine.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same car I have! personally I think the stock wheels look better in 18" than 19"s, going to use mine for winter wheels next year.

PS - you definitely have shipping pucks in the front end, be sure the dealer gets ALL OF THEM out. I had the dealer miss one on mine.

Yea I'd much rather have 18's than 19's. And this picture is pretty much right after the car was unloaded from the truck, I made sure to tell the guys at the dealer not to drill anything and to make sure the pucks come out! Lol Im picking this beauty up first thing in the morning, idk if I'm more excited to get my car or to play with all the new functions! Haha

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So since bringing my car home I have put just under 100 miles on it so far since yesterday, I'm getting used to how it feels and all the infotainment controls, I really like it and it's such a great car. Today I took a drive down to oak beach inlet on this gorgeous 70 degree winter day haha.

And so far I have mounted my us mill works license plate bracket, gloss black front and rear emblems, and carbon fiber mirror caps.

I have to say I really like how the carbon fiber looks with the lsg color, it matches very nicely.

Here's some pictures from today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I've never been a fan of the tinted windshield strip, but that's just my personal preference.

Where'd you pick up the mirror caps? I like those way better than the chrome ones
I got them off aliexpress.com they are real carbon fiber over abs plastic so they are direct replacements and not stick on covers. I got them for 80$shipped, they are great for the price, just very minor cosmetic finish issues on the edges which aren't that noticeable if you aren't looking for it. You can get three of these for the price ecs tuning sells theirs for which I'm sure has no issues at all. But like I said it's the best bang for the buck in my eyes

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Ok so my car got finished tonight with the suntek film and 20% tint, I went for the windshield strip tint too and I don't think it looks bad at all, better than my mk4 in my opinion. These are just the final pictures my guy is sending me, I'll take some better pictures this weekend if weather isn't crappy.

·
Registered
313 Posts
So took the time and installed my magnetic plate holder on the rear bumper, perfect no drill solution and took about an hour to take the rear bumper off and re-install.
Could you go into a little more detail on what magnets you used? I currently have a Volvo plate mount but not installed, would love a no-drill method

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
Could you go into a little more detail on what magnets you used? I currently have a Volvo plate mount but not installed, would love a no-drill method
Sure, I used these magnets from k&j magnetics I bought 4 total. Depends on what you want and what magnets you wanna use.

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BEE4

They have a 26lb pull force when together. As they sit on my car it's probably about a 7 pound pull force with the distance between each pair of magnets.

I bought a cheap plate bracket advanced auto parts, it's the one that has mounting slots throughout the bracket, just a cheap plastic one. The magnets were just a bit bigger than the slots so I trimmed a little bit and then epoxied the magnets in place. I found some thin foam with adhesive backing in my garage and put that on the backside of the braket so it doesn't mark or scratch anything. Then I took off the bumper today (if you need help removing the rear bumper let me know, I'm a pro know lmao) but after I removed the rear bumper I put the plate bracket on the outside and the other two magnets on the inside of the bumper. I then positioned the plate as close to perfectly in the center as possible and marked the locations of the magnets on the inside and then scored the plastic to make a better surface apply epoxy or something similar for it adhere better. Once it cured enough to handle just re install the bumper and slap that plate bracket on and your good to go!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Heres a list of what i Have in my garage ready to be installed when the time comes, i will update when each upgrade happens and also add pictures.

Mod/upgrade waiting list:

-custom magnetic rear plate mount
-p3 cars vidi gauge
-GoFastBits DV+ diverter valve
-vwr lowering springs
-apr turbo muffler delete

Exterior:

-Full suntek ppf wrap (clear bra)
-20% window tint with windshield strip
-U.S. Millworks front license plate mount
-Carbon fiber mirror caps
-Gloss black front and rear emblems

I also have a couple things on my christmas list so hopefully i can add to this.
Which gloss black badges did you go with? Are those the EuroBadgez? I was just looking at them for my LSG, think it would be a great compliment to the black wheels and trim pieces

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Which gloss black badges did you go with? Are those the EuroBadgez? I was just looking at them for my LSG, think it would be a great compliment to the black wheels and trim pieces
I got the gloss black front and rear Vw emblems from Shopdap.com (deutsche auto parts)

I still have the chrome/black "R" badges

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Today I picked up some plastic trim removal tools and took about 20 minutes in frustration after dropping one of the armrest washers into the air vent and it's now forever gone into the void of my golf r lol, after I dropped it I removed the last section of duct before the vents themselves and went for a quick drive and did a a couple fast accelerations and I'm pretty sure it can out but maybe under my carpet now, whatever. But after all the voila! Freed armrest

1 - 20 of 341 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.