VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
7,308 Posts
I personally think you are taking this in great stride and seem to have a good attitude about a very obvious disruption to your life- forever. Good for you.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Either the OP is an expert level troll or his life is about to be a dumpster fire.

Lets think this through. You claim that a random 16 yo showed up at a relative's house and asked for a DNA sample. We should believe that they willingly gave an unknown child a DNA sample and now that child has convinced you that she is your long lost daughter? Logically you have decided that with in a weeks time you should invest in an additional car, shop for a larger house and take full LEGAL responsibility for this child.

nope

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A long time ago I went to my cousin Martha's house. Martha asks me if I want to ride with her to pick up her friend Teresa from jail....this Teresa girl had been in jail for 6 months because she hit a pedestrian while drunk driving. After we pick up Teresa we go back to Martha's house....me and Teresa have quite a few drinks and end up having sex.....we later (that nite) walk to a store to buy some more beer and the dumb bitch gets arrested for shoplifting....gets taken back to jail all in the same day, (where she stays for 5 more months). So, yeah, This Destiny girl is my daughter. I was the only guy around her mother for that 12 hour time period of freedom. When she got out of jail she moved to Sacramento (before) Destiny was born, and four months ago Destiny moved into her grandparents house....my home town (where I met her mother). So, yeah....my life is about to become a dumpster fire, but I'm going to try to make the best of it. Destiny has been living in a foster home for 3 years before she moved in with her grandparents and then she somehow located my aunt (Martha's mother) for the dna sample.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
A long time ago I went to my cousin Martha's house. Martha asks me if I want to ride with her to pick up her friend Teresa from jail....this Teresa girl had been in jail for 6 months because she hit a pedestrian while drunk driving. After we pick up Teresa we go back to Martha's house....me and Teresa have quite a few drinks and end up having sex.....we later (that nite) walk to a store to buy some more beer and the dumb bitch gets arrested for shoplifting....gets taken back to jail all in the same day, (where she stays for 5 more months). So, yeah, This Destiny girl is my daughter. I was the only guy around her mother for that 12 hour time period of freedom. When she got out of jail she moved to Sacramento (before) Destiny was born, and four months ago Destiny moved into her grandparents house....my home town (where I met her mother). So, yeah....my life is about to become a dumpster fire, but I'm going to try to make the best of it. Destiny has been living in a foster home for 3 years before she moved in with her grandparents and then she somehow located my aunt (Martha's mother) for the dna sample.
You're such a charmer, happy to have sex with her and accompany her on a walk to steal booze but now the consequences are starting to catch up with you you're squealing like a little girl. Time to man up to your responsibilities in my books.

UPDATE: I had another good read through this after some other comments and it does seem as if you're manning up and getting on with it so you have my apologies !! I hope that you can all have a great life together and that your new daughter and you can make up for the years she's been living in foster care etc. Must be difficult for you having not known about her but even more difficult for her as she will have known she DID have a dad out there somewhere !! Good luck to you all, I hope it all works out.

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
[email protected] 1.8TTony. I have to say, you're taking this in stride from what you post on here.

I only suggest you get 100% results of paternity. Beyond that you are manning up and taking a tough bit of responsibility for your actions. That's admirable.
Good luck.

·
Banned
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
We've been married for 10 years but have been together for the 18. It was a shock to both of us when we found about Destiny. We're both more mature now than we were many years ago.

But to say something like, "There's no sense in crying over spilled milk" doesn't fit this situation. It's bigger than that. We are both more like, "Ok, this is what's happening now, we love eachother, what can we do to keep the situation from blowing up our family today.

Destiny and my aunt had (as mentioned in an earlier post) given DNA swab samples for what is called Familial DNA Typing .....and the results came back that they were definately related by familial chromosomes. Meaning they share the same family blood.

Last week at Destiny's request, we both went to the local hospital and each submitted DNA samples...the results should arrive in about four weeks. I showed the Familial DNA results sheet (from Destiny and my aunts test) to the hospitals DNA interpreter guy and he basically said we (me and Destiny) are wasting time and money doing our own test because the results are going to come back positive (the same).

Anyhow, me and the wife are trying to make the best of what we've been dealt, keeping in mind that no matter how reckless I was 16...17 years ago, it is no excuse to ignore this girl who needs a parent and a family in her life. Were not looking at this situation as if it is a burden. I've definately had some explaining to do and am currently in the Dog House but the kids don't know or hear what goes on behind closed doors. Life goes on. We'll get thru it.

As a side note, yesterday I picked up a 1996 Impala SS (running project car) to help keep me busy and at a slight distance from the wife till this situation cools off a bit.

·
Registered
23,931 Posts
Anyhow, me and the wife are trying to make the best of what we've been dealt, keeping in mind that no matter how reckless I was 16...17 years ago, it is no excuse to ignore this girl who needs a parent and a family in her life. Were not looking at this situation as if it is a burden.
:thumbup::thumbup:

As a side note, yesterday I picked up a 1996 Impala SS (running project car) to help keep me busy and at a slight distance from the wife till this situation cools off a bit.
Smart move. :p

·
Registered
23,251 Posts
Hold on, you're saying that if I piss off my wife, I get to buy a project car? :D

Good for you for manning up. It's gonna be a rocky ride for a while, but if you're all committed to each other and the family, it'll tend to work itself out for the most part. Little details and crap will come up from time to time. Something to be careful of is if Theresa wants to nose back into Destiny's life and cause friction in your house. You're gonna have to set some strict ground rules about that.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
So, you only have to deal with this for 1 year until they are both 18 and then you can kick both of them out of the house...

But in all seriousness, way to man up OP.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts