VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
6,905 Posts

· Registered
6,905 Posts
Interesting, I've never heard of it but I'll check it out.
They have a high gloss too if that's your taste. It looks wet for 6 months but is totally dry.

· Registered
6,905 Posts
No glossy tire stuff for this guys cars, I like the flat rubber look, glossy is for plastic but tire should be flat black IMHO.

Then the matte is for you......I like matte too.

· Registered
6,905 Posts
Yeah, that looks so much better...really should have come this way from Audi.

Does look much better....did they put the clear bra under it (took them off to do)? Where did you get them? I saw the rear badging in black somewhere....I'll try to find it.

· Registered
43 Posts
New Black rings showed up today! I really think Audi should include all black badges with the "black optics" package :what:

Where did you get the black rings? Are they similar to the gloss black on the black optic package? Thanks in advance!

· Registered
6,905 Posts
They took all the badges off to do the PPF, much cleaner this way...The badges are a exact match to the Black Optics pkg, gloss black and they are not painted (Scraped in to the backs to check) like some others I bought. I saw these on another US site for ~$250USD each and the ones I bought were $29USD each... I rolled the dice on these and they came up a winner. they are both flat so the front went on easy but I had to use a heat gun to slowly, very slowly warm up the one for the rear, massaging it to match the curve of the rear hatch, took about 15minutes or so.

Don't say I never gave you anything :laugh:

Black gloss Audi rings

Is it just double sided tape to hold them?

· Registered
6,905 Posts
This site is a bit spendy but they do have mk3 TTRS badges in black. I've got a set of their front rings on my mk2 RS and the quality is very good.

https://www.facebook.com/BLCKLABELZ/

There's also audibadges.com but doesn't look like they have any mk3 TT badges yet.

He does nice work but expensive.....

· Registered
6,905 Posts
How are they held on?

· Registered
6,905 Posts
Hey....got my car yesterday....H&R springs already installed....what a great car.....I'll get a better pic soon.

· Registered
6,905 Posts
Looks great, did you drive it much before the spring install? Curious to see if you noticed a big difference in the ride?
Not at all...I took them the springs a few days before it got there and they did them as they did the PDI...so I have no clue. I can tell you it is flat and firm which I love in a car. Mine will be on Dynamic all the time that no one is in the car with me....it's very go-kart like....I love it.

I'll try to take some better side shots tomorrow.....ran out of time today. Car is still dirty...I told the dealership to just unwrap and not wash....which they did for me....they were great.

· Registered
6,905 Posts
Those pipes really make a lot more power....amazing.

Btw, here is more pics of mine.

· Registered
6,905 Posts
No problems with the wife, she knows exactly what I buy and when :) We're solid but it was the way this info was used...It's really very sad...
What the heck did I miss?:eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.