VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Rejoining the VWVortex Community - Please review the following thread: Here

741 - 760 of 772 Posts

·
Registered
44,092 Posts
Well, baby came wayyy earlier than expected (10 weeks) after my wife developed severe pre-eclampsia. Luckily everyone is doing great, although the hospital is a total nightmare right now. With that being said, I've made little progress on this thing. Since only one parent is able to visit at a time (in the NICU), I spent the day finish sanding the bed to 5000 grit and buffing the driver side out. I also discovered white guide coat, which is a total lifesaver on this dark paint.

:thumbup:
Whoa, that’s scary. Congratulations, dad! :) :beer:

Oh, and the truck looks good, too. :thumbup:

·
Registered
5,338 Posts
I feel ya dada. My wife delivered March 23rd. Talk about a crazy time to be in a hospital with a very fragile baby. Best wishes for the new little one! Crazy time but a great time to bring a little bundle of joy into your life.

Truck paint looks wow. Fantastic job!! Been following this build since page 1 and you have not disappointed :beer:

·
Registered
44,092 Posts
I feel ya dada. My wife delivered March 23rd. Talk about a crazy time to be in a hospital with a very fragile baby. Best wishes for the new little one! Crazy time but a great time to bring a little bundle of joy into your life.

Truck paint looks wow. Fantastic job!! Been following this build since page 1 and you have not disappointed :beer:
Congratulations to you too, dad! :) :beer:

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #749
Got the cab cut and buffed, put the bed back on and ended up putting my wheels/tires on because one of the rollers got a flat. Also brought the baby home. Current state of things:

:laugh:

·
Registered
44,092 Posts
I've never put something like that together. The fender-door interface has me wondering... Do you put the door on first or the fender? I would think the door, as it's heavier, more cumbersome and I know on domestic cars of the era they can be fitted/shimmed to move them around for gaps. Am I correct on that?

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #751
I've never put something like that together. The fender-door interface has me wondering... Do you put the door on first or the fender? I would think the door, as it's heavier, more cumbersome and I know on domestic cars of the era they can be fitted/shimmed to move them around for gaps. Am I correct on that?
Door goes on first as the hinges bolt to the body underneath the the fenders. I supposed if you're not worried about gaps you could put it together any way you like, but as with any vehicle you set the gaps starting with what you can't move.

·
Registered
44,092 Posts
Door goes on first as the hinges bolt to the body underneath the the fenders. I supposed if you're not worried about gaps you could put it together any way you like, but as with any vehicle you set the gaps starting with what you can't move.
I got it right? Sweet!

bananagif

·
Registered
21,824 Posts
Just getting back here after a hellish couple of months, and my god, it looks great. Also, glad that everyone is doing well, hospitals are a nightmare right now.

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Wow, that looks amazing. :beer:

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
Discussion Starter #757
Not much, but for me it was a milestone. Installed front and back glass tonight. Somehow lost all of the side windows.

While I realize the forums have significantly slowed down and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in my projects, would anyone like to see the other random automotive projects I have?

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,774 Posts
While I realize the forums have significantly slowed down and there doesn't seem to be a lot of interest in my projects, would anyone like to see the other random automotive projects I have?
Yes!!

The best way to keep the forum from slowing down is by adding content :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

741 - 760 of 772 Posts