VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who know me.....we got my talon out to the track finally. Here are the results. For anyone else here....sorry its not a vw, i used to have one and still keep in touch with people here on the forums.....just thought some of you might enjoy the base runs.

Well, got the talon out after 8 months and went to the track last night up here in NJ. We got the car to run very well and smooth on the AEM EMS in conjunction with the FP3052 on 15psi to start. Went out and did some base runs and logs. Made 4 passes:
[email protected] 2.13 60ft
[email protected] 1.85 60ft
3rd and 4th 12.6'[email protected] and 108 with 1.77 and 1.74 60ft but missed 3rd both times.
Each pass we made we were shifting at 8K, the cams and sound that high is sick...simply amazing
This coming week we will have the fittings for the fuel rail and FPR and -6 lines and will be walking to the boost up gradually to about 20 more or less depending on knock etc.
Anyways, i am thrilled at what it did at 15psi and cant wait to gradually work up from here.
This is my buddy's log in name just so there is no confusion.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: my 1G TSi....1st time at the track (ReiHenMotorVR6)

yeah...the car is built...motor, tranny, rear diff, t-case, AEM EMS, all the fuel stuff, FMIC, and whatever else there is nnot to sound cocky, its just the car has been broke for 8 months and everything...i mean everything broke on it when i bought it in august. The turbo is a GT30 modified by Forcedperformance.com to fit a mitsu manifold. They changed the turbine housing and wheels a hair. They call it the FP3052 on their site. Dual BB. I love it. We will be working boost up to about 20 or so by the end of next week sometime and go make more passes next friday. Just a lot of test and tuning we are doing now

·
Banned
953 Posts
Re: my 1G TSi....1st time at the track (schrickedVR6)

Sweet numbers man. the car is sick. I hope to see it this year. you should bring it around to waterfest heheh

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Re: my 1G TSi....1st time at the track (cptnsloni)

Quote, originally posted by cptnsloni »
yeah...the car is built...motor, tranny, rear diff, t-case, AEM EMS, all the fuel stuff, FMIC, and whatever else there is nnot to sound cocky, its just the car has been broke for 8 months and everything...i mean everything broke on it when i bought it in august. The turbo is a GT30 modified by Forcedperformance.com to fit a mitsu manifold. They changed the turbine housing and wheels a hair. They call it the FP3052 on their site. Dual BB. I love it. We will be working boost up to about 20 or so by the end of next week sometime and go make more passes next friday. Just a lot of test and tuning we are doing now

which DSM shop do you deal with???
I work right down the street from turbotrix and a few of us on here use their dyno..... good bunch of guys.... Junior, Bean

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: my 1G TSi....1st time at the track (Junk T.I.)

do the work myself along with my buddies. Shep tranny and just other rebuild like t-case and rear diff.

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

Quote, originally posted by cptnsloni »
do the work myself along with my buddies. Shep tranny and just other rebuild like t-case and rear diff.

sounds good...
how does a Shepard tranny differ from a B&M? does it have better upgrades? just curious

·
Registered
2,910 Posts

gotcha, definately make a post or IM me when you are gonna take it to the drags again, I would like to see it run, I'm a DSM guy at heart as well

Modified by Junk T.I. at 10:14 AM 5-24-2004

1 - 11 of 11 Posts