VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll keep it short, here are the details. I've had the car for almost a year now, started with pulling most of the interior out to install a decent sound system in it from the bottom up (Also got rid of the wood grain). Then proceeded to do some minor upgrades followed by some more major ones to get to where we are now. My goal was to keep the car as OEM looking as possible, only enthusiasts need to know anythings been done. Also I do live in Canada so between cottaging in the summers and snow in the winters I won't be going lower. This car has always been well maintained and has refreshed front suspension and timing chain recently. Anyways any feedback will be appreciated, good or bad.

If You're Interested..."Mod" List
- Alpine W505 Head-unit, JL Audio 4-Way Amp, JL Audio 250.1 Amp, JL Wiring.
- MB Quart Component Speakers, Image Dynamics 12" Subwoofer.
- TM Tuning Chrome Gauge Rings, TM Tuning Clear Side Markers.
- Reiger Illuminated Shift Knob (Red) and W8 Dome Light.
- Audi TT Pedal Set w/ Dead Pedal.
- Hella Black E-Code Headlamps w/fogs and Chrome Trim Euro Switch.
- Hella GLI Tail Lamps.
- LED Trunk Lighting.
- K&N Filter with "Swiss Cheese Mod"
- Custom cat back exhaust with Remus Muffler.
- FK Suspension (2" Drop).
- Rear ECS Wheel Spacers 15mm and 17.5mm.

·
Registered
7,519 Posts
Clean. Fresh start man :beer::thumbup:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
good start

that di noc carbon looks alright
Ya, to me it at least looked a lot better than the wood grain trim it came with. It's good stuff to work with and it has a nice texture so it doesn't feel to cheap like that grey/black carbon stuff. Under most lighting conditions it looks all black, only when it catches some light does the carbon fibre look come through.

·
Registered
424 Posts
your car is so clean and i dont mean like clean. but like dirty wise its super clean :thumbup:

·
Registered
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ya I love the Long Beaches as far as OEM wheels go, but the Fat Fives or Long Beaches? That's a tough choice to make.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts