VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This car has been down for exactly a year. I went crazy about this time last year and ripped out my newly installed 2.0 16V. After i bought my turbo kit that i never installed. My good friend's Jim, Mike, and Vinny at Finish First Motorwerks pretty much did the whole thing for me. All i did was (besides completly annoy them) get the parts and help with the little things like the headlights, grill, and suspension. They had more important things to get done so i did those few mods for them. We were hoping to get this car done two weeks before maple grove, but when we went to start the engine, it had very little compression. It was no one's fault but my own. I trusted the person i bought the engine from. But me being the crazy person i am, i went the very next day and bought a new 20V engine from a local junk yard. This engine was out of an audi A4 (AEB) with 5,000 miles. Since i didnt have any more money, my girl friend lent me the cash to get this motor!!! Super nice thing to do. With out her this car would have never been done. So with one week to go the guys got this beast back together and running perfectly on a tuesday night. I drove the car home for the first time in a year!! It was awesome to drive a rado again. Since i have had the car back, i have had NO problems at all!! A perfect swap!! And since i was able to see the whole thing being done, i have learned enough to help my girlfriend with her car. we have done every thing but the SDS and the exaust. So now for the list of things i have done.
Audi A4 20V AEB head and ATW block
S.D.S EM4-F stand alone engine management
T3/T4 garrett .48 turbo
Autometer gauges
Schroth 4 point harness's
H&R ultra low coilovers
New brakes and rotor's
New axles
Front mount intercooler
Stainless steel pipeing
Custom 2 1/2 down pipe and full exaust
15x8 flat black widened corrado steelies
Euro lights with HID's
VR6 gril
Euro chin
Smooth front bumper
Greddy type S BOV
Tial 38mm wastegate
Schimmel performance Custom radiator with built in oil cooler
BBM solid front motor mount
Fully rebuilt tranny with a peloquin diff (schimmel performance)
Kinetic manual boost controller
Screened turbo
Braille mini battery

So i want to give another big thanks to FF motorwerks for getting this thing done for the show. and also any one on here who has answered any of my questions. And of course my girlfriend for all of her money!!!

Modified by crazycorradovr6 at 10:32 PM 6-15-2006

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: (bellaheather)

great, now i need to fine tune it so i can really put down some power. right now its only about 220 whp on a base tune. with an innovate wideband a some tuning time, this car can put down around 300 whp no problem.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Re: My 20V T swap is finally done!!!! take a look!! (crazycorradovr6)

feels good to drive it again, huh?
Clean install and done with all of the right parts. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

(now please have the purple top of the BOV anodized black. It hurts my eyes. I had mine done and it looks a 1000 times better.)

·
Registered
6,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Re: My 20V T swap is finally done!!!! take a look!! (xJAGERMEISTERx)

Quote, originally posted by xJAGERMEISTERx »
feels good to drive it again, huh?
Clean install and done with all of the right parts. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

(now please have the purple top of the BOV anodized black. It hurts my eyes. I had mine done and it looks a 1000 times better.)

werd, thanks man. want to anodize it for me??
im glad to have it back again, but i already want more power.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Re: My 20V T swap is finally done!!!! take a look!! (Germanpower SLC)

car looks great man. can't wait to see it in person at one of the upcoming shows. it looks like it was well worth the wait.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif to Jim and FF motorworks. So far 2 show winning 1.8t corrados have come out of there, can't wait to see what else.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.