VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone... I just recently started modding my GLI, and I was wondering what suggestions you guys had for where to go next... As of now it's completely stock except for a united motorsport N/A stage 1 ecu tune... I also just ordered a TT exhaust with a borla, but It hasn't got here yet...let me know what you guys think...(please be nice)...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
Well I dont know the difference between the underbody of TTs and Mk4s. While I know they have the same chasis, they do have their differences.

Why wouldnt you just order a mk4 exhaust?

Edit: We are talking different TTs. You meant techtonics and I meant the Audi TT. :laugh:

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
looks good :thumbup: Are you sure that's a 24v? Didn't think they came with longbeaches. But i could be wrong.

Does that guy looked photoshopped in the 3rd picture? :laugh: It's a trippin me out yo :cool:

·
Registered
15,635 Posts
i think you're overlooking the fact that it's just a borla exhaust from techtonics
Yeah I thought he meant he bought an Audi TT exhaust.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
i love the mudflaps honestly but not many people like them...i have a 00 gls and ive been slowly modding on a budget my favorite so far was the tail lights....get some spray tint and it makes a world of difference, also the side markers if you want but mines dark green you may wanna leave them on your car my most recent was the muffler delete. about 120 bucks for the pipe installed and it sounds amazing but if you have plenty of money to blow on it id go with an AWE cat back or something along those lines and raceland ultimos, theyre next on my list...hope this helps!

edit: i forgot you already ordered an exhaust sorry about that part :banghead:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm positive it's a 24v... It's an '03 gli with the 6 speed transmission... I bought it from the VW dealership I work at :)

yeah I'm kinda modding it slowly as well... Just taking it one thing at a time... I was thinking about getting some black wheels next (specifically bbs rs)... I think they'd look great with the black tints

·
Registered
854 Posts
i love the mudflaps honestly but not many people like them...i have a 00 gls and ive been slowly modding on a budget my favorite so far was the tail lights....get some spray tint and it makes a world of difference, also the side markers if you want but mines dark green you may wanna leave them on your car my most recent was the muffler delete. about 120 bucks for the pipe installed and it sounds amazing but if you have plenty of money to blow on it id go with an AWE cat back or something along those lines and raceland ultimos, theyre next on my list...hope this helps!

edit: i forgot you already ordered an exhaust sorry about that part :banghead:
please dont tint the tails...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Thanks for all the tips guys... Lots of things to think about...

you guys do have a point... function>cosmetics

That guy in the third picture isn't photoshopped...I took that with my old cell phone and the auto-focus must have made it look weird lol...

I'll try and get some better pictures as I get things rolling

p.s. where is a good place to start looking for a coilover kit?

·
Registered
511 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.