VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Was sad to leave her like that in the rain, but our time was over.

Bought the wife a Golf R, but she decided a manual was not possible

Was kind of epic for a brief moment, but went to sh it right after. One of them had to go ASAP.

So, the R32 went, very nice. :(

Anywaye, I had to look for something else, not like she I didn't have enough stress in my life,
or no time for anything, no less figure out what is a good option for her, since she ONLY wants
an SUV. So, I gave her what all Europeans women like, a name brand. Wasn't not expensive though.

Now the Golf R is going to go, because I do not like it at all. It's a weak VW bitch.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Jack Hanania, Karma
will catch up to you, your 3rd world business tactics will not work well in the USA you schmuck.
:laugh:

·
Banned
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
as everyone who've experienced all three gen's... and everyone last night at the dealership said,
there is nothing like the 1st R!

the golf r bores me. i like the power band of the R32, and the Golf R is like.... slow slow sorta-weeee slow... it's like the only real power felt is btwn 4-6k rpm.

i like some of it's modern features, and the more balanced feel, but i regret everyday i allowed my wife to convince me that is something that would make her happy and she would learn to drive.

every dealer wants to give me ~28k for it. what is that? like 8k loss in just over 3 months of ownership, forget that! the R32 was begged to be sold back when it was first sold back in the day, and a lot of time after as well. but, ironically, the R20, the dealers are like,"nooo we can't get rid of that crap, we don't want anymore on our lot!"

there are 3 large VW dealerships here in jacksonville, so it's not like a boondock. The Golf R is not popular here, and all real enthusiasts I know do not like it, all the tech's i know as well.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
if you liked the mk4 more than the Golf R, then why did you trade it in? If you and your wife don't really like the Golf R, why not trade that in for something that she could drive? That way you keep the mk4 (the car you want) and your wife gets a new car that she can drive. Your trade in logic seems a little off to me :screwy: getting rid of the car you like so you can keep the car you hate seems kinda dumb

·
Banned
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your trade in logic seems a little off to me :screwy: getting rid of the car you like so you can keep the car you hate seems kinda dumb
The R32 was going either way, regardless which I liked more. The R32 was not registered or insured, and I was daily'n the R to keep the miles off the R32.

The Golf R is going as well, w/o doubt. They both 'were' going to be traded for a TTRS, but that I wont get into anymore.

I am the type of person, like it or not, if I can't have what I wan't, then I don't want anything at all. Just ask HPA, they learned this countless times.

I am thinking to down trade the Golf R for a 2013 manual 4 Door Golf TDI, no joke, chip it and be done with power, price and rarity.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
The R32 was going either way, regardless which I liked more. The R32 was not registered or insured, and I was daily'n the R to keep the miles off the R32.

The Golf R is going as well, w/o doubt. They both 'were' going to be traded for a TTRS, but that I wont get into anymore.

I am the type of person, like it or not, if I can't have what I wan't, then I don't want anything at all. Just ask HPA, they learned this countless times.

I am thinking to down trade the Golf R for a 2013 manual 4 Door Golf TDI, no joke, chip it and be done with power, price and rarity.
or you can buy my R32 turbo and be in heaven for ever...:laugh:

·
Banned
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
or you can buy my R32 turbo and be in heaven for ever...:laugh:
I have thought about that countless times, not your car, but FI'n my R32.

TBH, I wanted to start with a platform that was built with more power from the factory, and work
from there.

FI'n the R32, like ~dbl's the power >500hp is just asking for trouble.

Starting with 360hp and with a simple flash, can bring you well into 400hp, and no real issues to worry about. Also, to have a platform that is new, and not 8 yrs old was appealing. But, time to be humble again, and toss the vanity.

·
Registered
5,209 Posts
I have thought about that countless times, not your car, but FI'n my R32.

TBH, I wanted to start with a platform that was built with more power from the factory, and work
from there.

FI'n the R32, like ~dbl's the power >500hp is just asking for trouble.

Starting with 360hp and with a simple flash, can bring you well into 400hp, and no real issues to worry about. Also, to have a platform that is new, and not 8 yrs old was appealing. But, time to be humble again, and toss the vanity.
well i can tell you from my experience ive never had a reliability issue ....i just get in and go where ever i please although i have fun with i dont beat on it, so you gotta know by know your gonna regret getting rid of it soon;)

·
Banned
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The MB is a fancy badged tincan ****box. Have fun with that. You got rid of the best car you owned.
It's for the wife, not for me jackass.
She looked at EVERYTHING. Toyota's, Honda's, VW's, etc...
And she just wanted the MB that we found at a VW dealership, that was traded for a touareg (now that is one POS to maintain, poor idiots, like the Q7 people too), and it was not for it's perfection, but the purchase was for my wifes needs and for its function. To seat the children safely, and more comfortably, in a reliable car, that I can easily maintain, and something that she likes, actually, she lovesssss it. That is her taste. And we can now pull our boat too...

Not about which is better at all.
The R32 was just sitting all day every day. And, it was on/off for sale for a long time.

The whole V3 issues killed all my desire to further work on her.
I did so much work on her, just for the next person to have a good car.
It does need the crap OEM suspension replaced, but other than that, the lucky person now has ONE very reliable car.

Anyone want a Golf R for $31.5K???

·
Banned
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you gotta know by know your gonna regret getting rid of it soon;)
I REALLY regretted selling the 1st one way more, that one was my 1st love.
Which is why I got a second one. I will ALWAYS love the R32, that is a given, but it was it's time.

I feel like I am getting older, times are changing for the worse, my skills are being lost, so God
knows if I don't make some better financial moves now, then I am pretty screwed later. TMI though.

·
Registered
211 Posts
what dealership did you trade it in to in FL? Because if that is Aristocrate VW in sanford,FL i will gladly go over and pick it up ;)

·
Registered
211 Posts
stalked their used section, got mad it wasn't up there... Then realized you traded it last night and no way would be up yet :rolleyes:

Had the R itch since begining of this year.. Just can't come across right one or right time.

Good luck with the Merc, as far as suv's go i think it is a fairly atractive vehicle.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.