VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not understand why this was locked. Can someone help? http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: My 337 Got Beat !!!locked! Why? (D_Man)

probably because alot of the mods (no offense Jamie, cause I like you) are paranoid and feel that the police will come find out people are talking about evil street racing on Vortex and fine them or something. "it makes the site look bad" or something like that. I have also heard "this is not club Si where we brag about racing people" Not sure what that one means. But live in fear. You are not allowed to speak freely here. Within the confines of Vortex you sacrafice your rights....

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Re: My 337 Got Beat !!!locked! Why? (RoofusX)

Yeah, try not to post anything about street racing. Seems that is the forbidden crime, and I have only been on vortex for a couple months now! BTW, for arguments sake, was the GSR ahead by a fender, or a car length, or.....
I mean you guys were just trying to get to that open parking spot at the movies right??? http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,513 Posts

i'm not sure if roofus' explination is acurate, but racing stories aren't allowed on vortex. its prolly not so much the cops as it is dangerous. track stories are allowed i believe because those are much safer. but condoning street racing stories they would be condoning street racing. that could get vortex in trouble with all these sue happy people who can't own up to their own actions now-a-days. "but i read about it on vortex"

·
Registered
135 Posts
Re: My 337 Got Beat !!!locked! Why? (new 337)

The GSR was ahead by about a car length, but at that point the needle was at 6000 rpm on my car. I'm telling you, this guy had something major under the hood. I suspect a Jackson Racing supercharger.
Now I really want to get my car dynoed.
I can't really categorize this as street racing because we were not doing anything reckless. Remember, it's called "spirited driving".

[Modified by TRBOGUY, 7:49 PM 6-7-2002]

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: My 337 Got Beat !!!locked! Why? (TRBOGUY)

Well that kinda BITES
I like hearing about steaming rice.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Anybody think Roofus is pissed off because he cross posted a group buy that didn't follow the rules and his posts got closed? Poor guy.
Forums have rules, there are people contributing time and money to keep this site running, and they set rules to try and keep it from degenerating into a bunch of trolls and keep it from running into any potentially messy legal situations. The fact is, if they were encouraging racing on here, one day some stupid ass kid who's mommy and daddy bought him a GTI would get in a race and die, then the parents would blame the "evil internet" and sue the people that run this place, the people that posted in the threads about racing, and the ISP that hosts it and so on.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Re: My 337 Got Beat !!!locked! Why? (derrickm)

Wow...I typed "I B T L" (with no spaces) on my previous post, and it turned into "what you talkin bout Willis??????"
What's up with that???

[Modified by derrickm, 3:01 PM 6-7-2002]

[Modified by derrickm, 3:01 PM 6-7-2002]

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Re: My 337 Got Beat !!!locked! Why? (Keith M)

Well since we are all asking questions. Anyone else think Keith M is cool.....I mean besides me?
Keith the above was a joke. Try and get over yourself ok....

·
Registered
105 Posts

I usually interpret
as well, someone rolling their eyes, which is typically a rude gesture. If you had used
or
or something similar after saying
"You are not allowed to speak freely here. Within the confines of Vortex you sacrafice your rights.... " it may have come off humorously. But considering I had just seen you cross posting a thread that violates policy, it was easy to see that you don't care one bit about the rules here or the mods.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Re: My 337 Got Beat !!!locked! Why? (Keith M)

Chill out Keith. This is the "Internet" - go and visit http://www.roadfly.com - I'm sure they also push about a TB of data per month, with no locks on threads - now they do go overboard there - but it is all kept in the spirit of the Internet. Actually, they are very brutal over there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts