VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all to preface everything I would like to add the disclaimer that periodically I am a complete idiot. Here is the story:
Well I was looking at getting a 337 and I contacted about ten dealerships near me and all had taken deposits for more cars then they were getting but I finally stumbled upon one that would have a car in two weeks it was all ready in transit to their dealership. This is one week ago. So I tell the dealership what I have and what I needed out of it and he says they should be able to do it. So I wait until Friday and call the guy at the dealership again and make sure the car is for sure coming and that no one has spoken for it and he says it will be there in a couple of weeks and no one has inquired about it. I say ok I will see you at 8 am on Sat. (This is where I am a complete idiot) Instead of putting a *refundable deposit* down on Friday I decide to wait until they see my trade and make sure everything is kosher. So I get up at 5:45 a.m. to drive 2 and a half hours to this dealership to find out that at 10 minutes till close on Friday some guy (and I will find you and hunt you down) puts down a thousand bucks on the car. Now I am not blaming the salesman because he had told the other guys but was gone at the time and I had not put any money down so it is my fault. Well anyways they gave me what I needed on my trade and they are trying to convince VW to give them another one which they should get says the GM who I met. They called the VW rep on Sat and he said he could tell them for sure on Mon. but it looked good I would just have to wait 4-6 weeks for it. If I get it I am happy, very happy if I do not the quest for a 337 continues.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Re: My 337 Sob Story!! (GTI*VR6)

I had something similar happen to me, but the dealership screwed me.
I kept inquiring about this car, and they played dumb with me. Finally after nagging and nagging, I stop by the place (this place has paperwork of mine, i backed out of a deal before i lost my license 2 years ago.) and the guys tells me they allocated 3, and all are spoken for. I am basically red in the face trying to EMPHASIZE how willing I am to put down a cash deposit. So OK, the guy calls me back a few weeks later that they allocated a fourth 337 and I got first dibs! I let him know it'll take me a day to get there ( i dont own a car, just got the license back). So when I finally get there 2 days later, i find that another salesman took a deposit on the car I was waiting for.
So, in the end, if I don't get the 337 i'm going to wait for a Jetta GLI or a GLS with the 6speed/VR6. I just need to build up credit so im OK when the new S4 comes out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.