VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2223 Posts

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My MEGA Roadtrip Thread: 48 states in two months

Fastforward to the last page of the thread to see what's going on right now. Or check out http://www.timbotrip.com
Yes, that's right. I AM doing it!!

Firstly, take a look at da map:

Started out on July 20th.
Trip is about 21,000 miles or so, depending on what stops I take and who I visit.
I started a website - http://www.timbotrip.com/ - on which I will make a log of the trip. Not only that - but I'll post in this thread too. I'll post every couple of hours with my progress and any pictures that I take.
On the site, you can see a more detailed list of places I will visit, but it's mostly just a bunch of state capitals, and some other important stuff to see, such as Mount Rushmore, and big California cities.
While you are there, throw me a couple of bucks if you can - I don't have very much money - and gas is expensive. I calculate that fuel alone will cost about $1900. Add to that hotels, and food, and you see we have a heavy undertaking. See the site for details on all that though. Send me more than $35, and I'll send you a postcard from one of the state capitals! Send me more? Well, you'll just have to find out!!

But what I'm really looking for is this: Scirocco folk who will give me a nice homecooked meal, let me crash on their floor, and let me take a shower. A tour of your local area would be awesome as well. I look forward to meeting many people.

//MUAHAHAHHAA!

Modified by timbo2132 at 3:29 PM 7-15-2008
EDIT for update to the original post:

Modified by timbo2132 at 8:29 AM 9-10-2008

·
Registered
11,655 Posts
Re: My MEGA Roadtrip Thread: 48 states in two months (timbo2132)

Quote, originally posted by timbo2132 »
But what I'm really looking for is this: Scirocco folk who will give me a nice homecooked meal, let me crash on their floor, and let me take a shower. A tour of your local area would be awesome as well. I look forward to meeting many people.

Bring it son, you have a place to crash here behind the orange curtain.

·
Registered
9,943 Posts

When will you hit Ann Arbor MI?

·
Registered
3,199 Posts

Welcome here in Amsterdam NY.
<Aussie accent>
"I'll throw a few shrimp on the barbie"
</accent>

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Re: FV-QR (MattyDVR6)

You should come out to Montauk Point, the very tip of long island. It used to be a WWII military base so theres lots of cool stuff to see. Ever heard of the Montauk projects? Yeah...

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: My MEGA Roadtrip Thread: 48 states in two months (Neptuno)

Quote, originally posted by Neptuno »
When will you hit Ann Arbor MI?

Trouble is, with a trip like this - it's hard to make a schedule and stick to it - who knows where I'll be and when!

·
Registered
9,858 Posts

awesome timbo, depending on time and route, i might roll with you down to flordia, cuz i need to visit law schools this summer and they are all down south http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
18,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: My MEGA Roadtrip Thread: 48 states in two months (frd206)

Quote, originally posted by frd206 »
awesome timbo, depending on time and route, i might roll with you down to flordia, cuz i need to visit law schools this summer and they are all down south http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

That is awesome, Fraser!
I'm sending IMs to many of ya: look out!

·
Administrator
'20 R1250 GSA, '17 Alltrak SEL, '89 Tristar Syncro TDi, '80 Scirocco "S"
23,481 Posts

The door is open here in Phoenix Timbo! Just give me a day or so notice and a meal request.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts

Timbo, I am an hour and a half north of Augusta, but if you make it up this way you can crash here. Either way, if I know when you'll be in Augusta I'll drive down there. LOBSTER!!!!!

·
Registered
9,927 Posts

When that blue line on your map hits Chicago, stop in Burr Ridge at my house for a hamburger, a nap, and the three S's (isht, shower and shave).
Or better yet, make a weekend of it if the timing's right.
I'll be out of town 7/3 to 7/10 though.
IM me in case this thread gets lost in the shuffle.

·
Registered
631 Posts

My .02 but Montgomery is pretty lame. I would go through Gulf shores and Mobile, go see Forest Gump is Bayou LAbatre (sp?) instead. A nice stop is to see the Battleship in Mobile and the greatest FREE air museum that I've ever been to is the Naval air museum in Pensacola, FL.
Good Luck!

1 - 20 of 2223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.