VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

17x8 with 205/45's, Distance Rings 2x5mm Front and 2x10mm Rear

Bilstein B14's and Speed Buster Chiptuning Box

Mirrors painted to match wheel color. Yeah, I know. Xenons would look better but they weigh more - Besides, I turned off the DayTime Runnings Lights anyway.

Recaro CS Seats

·
Registered
16,868 Posts
That's very clean. Nice car.

I didn't realize they were doing the Recaro shell seats in that car. I know there's an A1-spec shell that's been used, but that looks like the really expensive shell that's in the TT RS and R8.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I ordered the CS Seats from a Recaro Distributor in the States and picked-up the consoles for them in Germany. Shell Seats are available through Audi by special order but I believe they are not a stand-alone option.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got them from TH Motorsports in Illinois. I paid $2600 for the pair (I was given a $50 discount for having to wait for one of the seats) and shipping was free to my Uncle's house in Phoenix.

European Spec. cars now have a Passenger Seat Sensor for the Airbag System but simply installing a 27 Ohm resistor* in place of the Sensor kept the system functioning. The Passenger Airbag will now deploy if the seat is empty but that doesn't bother me - if I want to make the effort, I can open the glovebox and turn-off the Airbag with the Car Key.
US cars have a different Sensor but an authorised Recaro installation shop should know how to circumvent this.

* I chose 27 Ohms because this resistance represents 50Kg - the weight of my Wife.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Netflix Cookie Last Updated 2021: Hey folks, welcome back to Tricks Nation in this article I will share Netflix premium record treat. On the off chance that you are looking for Netflix Cookies, at that point you are in the opportune spot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts