VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
I got some of those $75 (set of 4) chinesium .300 size nozzles from Ebay. Should be hilarious when my pistons melt! Got em as a joke, will post up here what happens. Aside from those, I'm gonna get some .260 size proper nozzles and go a step up from the Bosio 764's that are in it. I'm on a pretty decent AFN-based tune from Malone but may have them bump it up to 30psi (currently 24psi).

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Oh boy, those Ebay nozzles sound super sketchy to install in your car. For how relatively inexpensive your nozzles are compared to the PD/CR nozzle and injector setups, I don't understand why anyone would take a chance using cheap chinese nozzles in their car. Like you mentioned, you could melt a hole in a piston or two due to the poor spray pattern. I can't imagine what it would do to the fuel economy of the car either.
I'd say it's a very good idea to get those proper .260 nozzles for your car, so you don't have to rebuild your engine because you ran the cheap nozzles from China instead.
I'm not all that familiar with the older TDI/IDI engines and was wondering what turbo you're running on your car?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
I'm using a Borg BV43, from the euro CR170 engine. My plan with the cheap nozzles is to put them in the car and run it down the street like 1 time just to make a little video of it rollin' coal. The Wuzetem's are going to be the new runabout nozzles. I just got Malone to make a 4-bar AFN tune for me, MAF-less this time.

I ran .216 a LONG time ago, not much to them from what I remember.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm using a Borg BV43, from the euro CR170 engine. My plan with the cheap nozzles is to put them in the car and run it down the street like 1 time just to make a little video of it rollin' coal. The Wuzetem's are going to be the new runabout nozzles. I just got Malone to make a 4-bar AFN tune for me, MAF-less this time.

I ran .216 a LONG time ago, not much to them from what I remember.
Yeah the plan was to give a slight power boost so it will be a little quicker. so if I want to pass someone on the highway I can. I see you said your in Oregon? I'm in Washington

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I will think about it. I'm still trying to get it in the best shape possible. It was a nice cars remodel from the PO . And everyone knows the quality of work from nice cars lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
I got mine in 2018 or 2019 in northwest Washington. They do look very similar with the texture side strips and bumpers.

·
Registered
MK2 Westmoreland Golf, B3 Passat GLX Wagon
276 Posts
Masterful work. I am jealous of those welds, and all those wagons as well.
I can only imagine how fun it drives.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts