VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
101 - 120 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
Won't be much wagon action for a few months since I'm in Toronto for another nuke job. I stopped in Ohio somewhere and found this poor thing in an LKQ. Sad to see people just toss these in the scrap heap.

I know how much people like pictures on Vortex, here's some rando's:

My buddy whom I sold the red car to dropped it on Solowerks (from Cascade German of course) and then went and got a 1994 Audi S4 with the legendary turbo 5 cylinder. Gonna make a track car out of it apparently.

Still have some parts left on the junker wagon but not much useable. Doors are all in great shape though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Won't be much wagon action for a few months since I'm in Toronto for another nuke job. I stopped in Ohio somewhere and found this poor thing in an LKQ. Sad to see people just toss these in the scrap heap.

My buddy whom I sold the red car to dropped it on Solowerks (from Cascade German of course) and then went and got a 1994 Audi S4 with the legendary turbo 5 cylinder. Gonna make a track car out of it apparently.

Still have some parts left on the junker wagon but not much useable. Doors are all in great shape though.

I am very new to this forum and very late to this thread as well but just crept through all of it. Amazing build all around and really wild to see it in hyperspeed reading through the whole thread now! Thanks for all the awesome photos. First thing I did when I got registered was look for the B3/B4 stuff and this has been way way cooler than I expected. So many wagon pictures and a bonus UrS4! Wonderful!
-Ian

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Haha! I got a guy trying to trade me a corrado roller right now. I'd love to do an AWD Corrado using the quantum beam. I'll of course update this thread with a link if it happens. Im stuck in Toronto for a few months so all projects are on hold.
Wow! That would be a crazy car to see. Has it ever been done before? If you do go that route, that'd be an incredible build to follow along with. IMO you'd have to somehow add a turbo or supercharger to the car to surprise people with how quick that car could be. 😊 (y)

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I just went through your RTDI thread, you as bad as me with stuff. I'm collecting BEW parts so if you need stuff let me know. As far as a Corrado AWD TDI build, the basics will be BEW, FEK 01M, cut-down Quantum rear beam, SQS controller. Since I'm doing nothing in particular for the next several months I'll start buying parts to get the FEK up to snuff. Hopefully a Canadian-market Syncro will pop up in the parts yard or on kijiji.ca and I'll drag home the proper rear end bits. Anyone in Canada (Ontario preferably) that has Syncro stuff HIT ME UP.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
Anyone interested in building a Syncro haldex setup? I'm ordering another SQS manual controller with the auto bleed valve. Buy multiple, save on shipping. Also bringing (2) Syncro beams home this December and will be Haldex-ing the up with fancy powdercoat and camber/toe plates.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone interested in building a Syncro haldex setup? I'm ordering another SQS manual controller with the auto bleed valve. Buy multiple, save on shipping. Also bringing (2) Syncro beams home this December and will be Haldex-ing the up with fancy powdercoat and camber/toe plates.
Ah sh*t. I have a B3 wagon that actually deserves a serious build. If you'd be willing to provide moral support I'd get in on this. I'm located in northern California and could come pick things up and talk shop when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
I just went through your RTDI thread, you as bad as me with stuff. I'm collecting BEW parts so if you need stuff let me know. As far as a Corrado AWD TDI build, the basics will be BEW, FEK 01M, cut-down Quantum rear beam, SQS controller. Since I'm doing nothing in particular for the next several months I'll start buying parts to get the FEK up to snuff. Hopefully a Canadian-market Syncro will pop up in the parts yard or on kijiji.ca and I'll drag home the proper rear end bits. Anyone in Canada (Ontario preferably) that has Syncro stuff HIT ME UP.
Sorry for the delayed response, I wanted to watch the YouTube video before I replied. Man that is one sick Corrado! Yours will be amazing as well with that BEW for an engine!

Sounds like you have a really good idea what you'll need to pull off this build.

There isn't anything I can think of right now that I need for either car right now, but I'll definitely keep you in mind if something comes up.

I can't wait to see how the AWD Corrado turns out! 😊

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Ah sh*t. I have a B3 wagon that actually deserves a serious build. If you'd be willing to provide moral support I'd get in on this. I'm located in northern California and could come pick things up and talk shop when the time comes.
Yeah bruh, a B3 would be very nice AWD. If I get my resident permit extended long enough I have a dude in BC with a B3 Syncro fuel tank to pick up from. Not sure I'm down for drive across Canada in the winter just for a fuel tank however.

·
Registered
392 Posts
My B6 4Mo 3.6l wagon was recently totaled(minor rear quarter+hatch+bumper damage so I'm currently looking at the possibility of doing a 3.6+AWD swap into my '97 GLX Variant. Can the Haldex from the B6 be used in conjunction with the 02C transaxle? I LOVE what you've done to yours. I'm looking to do a lifted version much like your short-term attempt at just such a stance! Also on the hunt for a syncro gas tank...

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 · (Edited)
This thread will never die! Today I did the thing. Acquired (2) Syncro rear beams with control arms and sway bars. Got another Haldex/Syncro diff plate kit too (which will get turned into a CAD file to cut more out on the plasma CNC). Tossed a Syncro diff in for good measure (and mock up purposes). This is the culmination of some months of planning on my end. 8 hour round trip to Ottawa to get this box of goodies. Now to drive 3000 miles home!

The next build project will get it's own thread when I figure out exactly what is going on but until then I'll keep the hunt stuff on this thread.

Would Bugatti EB110 wheels look good on a B4 wagon?

·
Registered
7,477 Posts
Man, you love to work on these, lol.

Out of curiosity, do the border officials care what car parts you’re bringing across? I remember when I was looking at an AAZ engine the research made it seem like a hassle.

-Todd

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 · (Edited)
Man, you love to work on these, lol.

Out of curiosity, do the border officials care what car parts you’re bringing across? I remember when I was looking at an AAZ engine the research made it seem like a hassle.

-Todd
Not an issue. The guy leaned out the booth window a few inches, squinted, then said I'm good to go. Didn't ask me anything. I bought the trailer in Canada, didn't ask me where I got the trailer. Super easy. I'm headed back for round 2 end of Feb. since we didn't finish the job but this time I'm driving my new AWD TDI.

Now I have a grown up car I'll be able to take my green wagon apart and make it what it was supposed to be; a show(ish) car.

I do have a car problem though. I swear they all run!

·
Registered
2,420 Posts
Nice looking AWD Tiguan TDI! Now if only they had come that way from the factory. :mad:

What kinda mileage do you get with it and what TDI engine is swapped in there?

I don't think you have a car problem, you just have a good selection of cars to choose from when ever you go anywhere. 🤣

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
Deceptive photo eh? Its a lowered 2012 Touareg. 55k miles, brand new looking inside and out. Still on my 1st tank of fuel but already Malone St. 2 with all deletes and a Darkside DPF delete pipe on the way. Trans fluid kit on the way too along with diff/transfer case fluids. The car is fantastic. So much luxury and quite fast. 22" Rinspeed wheels look nice too. I got lucky finding this one.

Started and moved the green wagon today, I do miss the 3rd pedal. If only it would stop raining here so I can start building the shop. Eager to start in on the greenie rebuild.

·
Premium Member
Bunch of Crappy VWs
5,474 Posts
Deceptive photo eh? Its a lowered 2012 Touareg. 55k miles, brand new looking inside and out. Still on my 1st tank of fuel but already Malone St. 2 with all deletes and a Darkside DPF delete pipe on the way. Trans fluid kit on the way too along with diff/transfer case fluids. The car is fantastic. So much luxury and quite fast. 22" Rinspeed wheels look nice too. I got lucky finding this one.

Started and moved the green wagon today, I do miss the 3rd pedal. If only it would stop raining here so I can start building the shop. Eager to start in on the greenie rebuild.
What suspension?

101 - 120 of 128 Posts