VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it came black abs plastic (obviously)
i just noticed that "By Bonrath" is etched in the plastic on the left hand side of the center bar in the grill. what should i do with that? its not actually etched in the plastic, but it rises off the surface in text.
im getting a respray this month and plan to fill my notches and paint the grill, what sould i do with the insignia? thanks
Don
pic for hits'
my car

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: my bonrath grill... .. .. (Hetzen)

Quote, originally posted by Hetzen »
Where did you get it from? I like it.

the grill?
i found it for sale on ebay but the auction ended under the reserve
somehow i found the number to the seller and made an offer.
got it for 50 bucks shipped, brand new in box
pretty good considering its a 145 dollar grill from reigeretc.com
from what ive seen/heard its the only grill that doesnt sag

·
Registered
15,993 Posts
Re: my bonrath grill... .. .. (dcall7)

if you like it keep it, if not then dont
i dont think the pics provided do any justice to the question it will look the same unless you know what you are lookin at up close

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Re: my bonrath grill... .. .. (mkIVrflxsilver)

Sounds to me like you could just sand it off, if it's raised letters... If they're a negative emboss you could fill them in...

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: my bonrath grill... .. .. (CPISH)

Quote, originally posted by CPISH »
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif bonrath http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif good choice.

ya im pretty happy with it, it doesnt sag one bit. i knew i wanted it when i saw it on leftcoastvw's gti. only cost 50 bucks brand new (got in touch with someone who failed to sell it on ebay)

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Re: my bonrath grill... .. .. (axe)

Quote, originally posted by axe »
Sounds to me like you could just sand it off, if it's raised letters... If they're a negative emboss you could fill them in...

just make sure it's not beveled using the existing plastic because if you attempt to sand it off, you might sand right through and put a hole in your grille.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.