VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this beauty on Friday. Yes, the infotainment might be a bit confusing at first but this car is such an improvement on the 7&7.5.
On Saturday I took it to the one and only Badgeskins to perfect this car. I couldn’t be happier with the results. I’ve had Badgeskins on my previous Rs and they have a great product.
Monday is tint and a 1/4 hood/fender ppf and Tuesday hopefully my winters come in.
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

Car Land vehicle Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Tire

Automotive tail & brake light Car Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle
Vehicle Car Automotive lighting Grille Hood

Vehicle Car Vehicle registration plate Grille Hood

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

Automotive lighting Hood Light Blue Azure

Attachments

·
Registered
286 Posts
Am I seeing correctly—did you black out the blue strip in the grill and headlights?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks like it. I will absolutely be doing this. I know blue is the R color or whatever, but my biggest complaint about this car is the blue everywhere. Unfortunately - theres not a ton that can be done to the inside blue-ness.

It looks like, to my eyes, the left and right headlights are done differently. Am I crazy?

·
Registered
2022 DBP Golf RRRR
892 Posts
Looks like it. I will absolutely be doing this. I know blue is the R color or whatever, but my biggest complaint about this car is the blue everywhere. Unfortunately - theres not a ton that can be done to the inside blue-ness.

It looks like, to my eyes, the left and right headlights are done differently. Am I crazy?
Driver's side definitely looks like a thicker band of black than passenger side. Maybe it's just an illusion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Once you get used to it and learn how many different settings and options are available I think the car's OS will be very easy to understand. Everyone is used to main line platforms and learning a new one is different.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats, i am still waiting my blue,hopefully i can get it eng of Jan.BTW, R u gonna buy a set of snow tire and trim? or give me some advise for snow tire? thank you
Using Michelin xice 3 from my s4. They’re 245/40/18 with some 18s replika wheels. Not sure the model. I took out my centre caps as I’m replacing them with vw caps
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
339 Posts
I think this will be my setup also for the winter.
What offset do the wheels have?
245 is not too much for the winter?
But they look great, do they sit flush?

Great color ;)
What did you put on the small side orange signs? Badgeskin?

·
Registered
2022 DBP Golf RRRR
892 Posts

Great color ;)
His whole car is badge skinned. I'm jealous, still waiting for the rear emblem overlay to hit their website.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Using Michelin xice 3 from my s4. They’re 245/40/18 with some 18s replika wheels. Not sure the model. I took out my centre caps as I’m replacing them with vw caps View attachment 152397
I confirmed that i will pick up mk8 R next week. I'm going to purchase a set of snow tires and new rims. so do your guys have any recommadations of tire shops for me to purcahse snow tires and rims.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I confirmed that i will pick up mk8 R next week. I'm going to purchase a set of snow tires and new rims. so do your guys have any recommadations of tire shops for me to purcahse snow tires and rims.
From discount tire:
Blizzak WS90 winter tires
225/40/18

Drag DR-70 wheels (black)
18x8 / 5x112 bolt pattern/ 45mm offset

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Great color ;)
tires are great fit. pretty flush.
yes, I had Badgeskins do a ton of things for me. Great stuff

1 - 20 of 28 Posts