VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
10,758 Posts
Re: my brake lights are stuck on (djsheijkdfj)

Or you can check the adjustment of your switch. It is usuall a threaded piece with a push nut holding it in position. Sometimes it slips.

· Registered
71 Posts
you may want to look more carefully, when my 88 did this, it progressively got worse and worse until finally i realized what it was - when my pedal mounting bracket broke and my clutch pedal fell off while the car was in gear!!!!

· Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: my brake lights are stuck on (mk24door)

thanks for the suggestions but something vital that i just realized i left out is that they aren't technically stuck on. when the lights are off so are they, but when the lights are on they illuminate brighter than they should and the 3rd brake light is on, but at the same time when i press the brakes they slightly get brighter.

Modified by mk24door at 2:15 PM 9-9-2005

· Banned
4,593 Posts

Quote, originally posted by mk24door »
thanks for the suggestions but something vital that i just realized i left out is that they aren't technically stuck on. when the lights are off so are they, but when the lights are off the illuminate brighter than they should and the 3rd brake light is on, but at the same time when i press the brakes they slightly get brighter.

WOW, good luck buddy

· Registered
565 Posts

Get a book and see where all the grounds are.
And this may sound stupid, but check the hatch, there is a bunch of wires which come down from the headliner into the hatch on the left side..
Pull away the rubber boot and check to see there are no worn or cut wires. I've seen this problem before and it had to do with the rear wiper motor, and the wiring.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.