VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, the whistle once in a while for me and it sounds uggly. I´ve heard from other phaeton owners here that they having the same problem.
I´ve clean my breaks two times now and the mechanic man tells me that its a common problem. Something with the construction.
Something you´ve experienced?

· Registered
9,219 Posts
Re: (NiveK)

I had a horrible moan to my brakes as well as squeaking so i took it in to the dealership and they "treated" my brakes. It has not squeaked since and it was free http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif Apparently all the VW models are having problems due to the brake pad material.

· Registered
21,380 Posts
Re: My breaks like to sing for me... (Corradodrvrfnd)

Quote, originally posted by Corradodrvrfnd »
Lack of humidity in Canada? Or is it just too cold for moisture???

Well, what I am now wondering (quite seriously) is if the brake pad material varies by country, perhaps because of different national legislation that governs pollution, or use of asbestos, or stuff like that.
Soki's in Sweden, thus governed by EC norms, I am in Canada, and the other posters are in America. I know that VW builds the cars slightly differently for each country. Recently, Golf IV's had different engine coolant in them between Europe and Canada, due to pollution control rules. Perhaps the differences might extend to brake pad material as well?
Michael

· Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: My breaks like to sing for me... (PanEuropean)

It could be diffrences...now when the snow has come i can´t hear it anymore.
When i read what corrado wrote i thought about it and it could be that the whistle appears when the breaks turns warm. I´ve never heard it when i just started the car.
Same problems with the new 5series E60 that they start to whitsle when the brakes turn warm. My mechanic man will contact VW germany to try to figure out if they got the same problem and if they maybe know any solution.

· Registered
1,996 Posts
The rear brakes of my Passat use to become noicy when hot. After replacing the pads it stopped at the rear but now the front ones do the same.
Here is very humid though, very hot also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.