VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Best gadget I've come across in a long time; the amount of things it can be used for is astounding.

Here it is mounted in my Civic (it doesn't move a millimetre even over the bumpiest of roads):

Spiderpodium mounted by nickthaskater, on Flickr

iPhone 4 in Spiderpodium by nickthaskater, on Flickr

It's solidly built, grips very well, and the 8 arms can be bent in any which way to hold pretty much whatever you throw at it.

Tripod in a pinch? No problem. Hold the phone to watch movies? Yup. Mount it on anything from the head rest of a car seat to handlebars on a bike and allow it to enrich your life with spidery goodness!

It's a bit pricey ($45 here), but it's a quality piece and worth every penny in my book. Anyone else have one?

·
Banned
36,395 Posts
I was half expecting to see an iPhone holder in a form of Vettel. :p

·
Registered
12,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What part of your dash do you have it clipped to, the coin holder? Only ~$15 in the US; trying to think how I'd mount one in a MkIV.
It's where the clock goes in higher trim models, but in mine it's just a little cubby. I folded four of the legs into the cubby and they are firm and grippy enough to hold it tightly in place. It works perfectly, and I was even able to angle it toward me so I can see it easily with just a glance.

Another option would be to vent mount it as the legs are pretty thin and have (I believe) 4 joints in them, so they can hang on to pretty much anything.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.