VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting tired of making all kinds of threads for my car, so I figured piling them all into one thread would be better. I own a 98.5 Audi A4, 1.8T 5spd Quattro, Brilliant Yellow, Winter and Sport package. I traded a fully bagged 98 S10 for it, back on Memorial Day weekend 2009.

When I first got it, it had aftermarket Ebay projector headlights, cheap fog lights, fartcan muffler and a spoiler.

Late summer, early Fall of 09, I debadged the trunk link, removed the spoiler, and bought a set of S4 projectors (still have to trim more of the fenders to make them fit 100%) Also done a complete timing belt change in the driveway in 15hrs (first time attempting to do something so tedious)

March 2010, I bought a set of 17" MK5 Goals from a friend of mines Rabbit. Had bought a bike rack right before, so I could haul my bmx around.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Early May 2010, I had a Vibrant muffler installed, and the resonator cut off. Black 2.5" inlet, dual 3" tips. Sounds pretty good to me. Kind of a stealthy look with the black on he bumper.

Car didnt change much until the 2 months later. I sold my Bmx and purchased a set of Vmaxx coilovers from a user on here. I have no complaints so far, as coming from a bagged truck, wasnt the best. Spent 10hrs in the driveway with nothing but hand tools.

Coil looks right at home

The small pile of tools I had to work with

Done with the install

I purchased a Evolution Thor skid plate, and I decided to buy some fogs and an hid kit for them. I bought some Hella 500's and a 3000k DDM Tuning kit, had a friend fab up a bracket for them. They help a lot with my weak visibility at night.

I will be replacing them with S4 fogs, once I decide to mount them.

Thats the way its been up until now. I purchased the Frankenturbo setup, as I think my seals in the k03 or giving out. I wasnt planning on tearing it down until next weekend, but my oil cooler decided it was going to go out this past Thursday. So now she sits in the garage looking like this...

Im installing the 034 block adapter to run a catch can, replacing the oil cooler and o-ring, the coolant flange on the back of the block, along with the o-rings, intake gasket, oil feed line for the Frankenturbo, FMIC (when I order it).

·
Registered
4,455 Posts
can you get a video clip of that muffler? been looking at a similar streetpower muffler from vibrant but really no audi's running it to have any sound clips.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will once I get the car back together. Its in no shape to run at the moment.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I still remember this car from my b5 day's.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, it definitely makes the car stand out from the others.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
3.5hrs today this is what I got done...

Managed to only break one stud in the block removing the manifold. Good thing is there is enough sticking out to try and get it out and replace it. I also got the whole PCV system out, picked up a barbed fitting, hose and bought a Catch Can earlier off Ebay to replace it all.

I never realized how small the k03 was until I removed it. Seems to be in good shape, very minimal shaft play, and fins still look good.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I hate waiting on parts. The only thing I managed to do today, was get rid of the windshield washer tank and headlight washer tank, change out the fuel injectors, and line ran for the oil catch can. Still have to remove the oil cooler.

·
Registered
986 Posts
The Hellas Look amazing, Im looking to do something like that but mount them IN the bumper, Like cut 2 holes in it so they are a bit flush and not in the way of the grille. Car looks good. Its a shame it had a Fart can looking muffler on it at first...

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Found out today from C2, that my original ecu out of my car has previously been chipped, and has an encrypted file which doesnt allow them to access. Which means it will be Friday before they get my spare ecu I bought, to try and access it to begin work on a custom tune.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got a couple boxes of goodies earlier this morning.

Got to get the gasket for the turbo/downpipe area along with the studs later today. Bought the oil catch can off Ebay and looks like a nice piece.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just got a call from Chris at C2 Motorsports, and my tune is done and hes shipping both of my ecus back to me today. Managed to tune the 557N spare ecu with a 557P file with their 440cc injector tune and 3" maf housing as well. Hopefully if things go smooth, itll be back on the road Tuesday.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oil cooler, coolant flange, manifold and turbo are all bolted up. I have to goto Napa tomorrow, and find a couple of fittings to put on the new oil feed line. Should be able to button up all the loose ends tomorrow and have it started. The Exhaust manifolds from FT are a bitch to install.

1 - 20 of 267 Posts