VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Accelerating with the cruise control button, the road must have been a tad slippery. The ASR light came on, power was GONE, ECU light came on too and I had to drift to the side of the road. I could have been nailed in the arse by a semi
The ECU must have been caught in some sort of nested loop but after turning it off and on again everything was A-OK http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif . Programming must be courtesy of MS Windows since the cold boot fixed 'er.
Anyone experience this?

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Re: My car died on the highway!! (2kjettaguy)

Ouch! I had a similar incident about a week ago with a different result. The car wouldn't start. Turns out that I was out of gas

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: My car died on the highway!! (Dubstein)

Can someone help me out with making my link to my car pic say "MY CAR" or something instead of that long ugly link?

·
Registered
13,012 Posts

[*URL=**insert address*]*Title of whatever you want it to say*[/*URL]
just remove alll of the * and you'll be in business http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
your Car

[Modified by Turbo Turd, 10:57 PM 12-1-2001]

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Re: My car died on the highway!! (vertigobora)

quote:[HR][/HR]Ouch! I had a similar incident about a week ago with a different result. The car wouldn't start. Turns out that I was out of gas
[HR][/HR]​
LOL My friend's car did that to him, We tried jumping it and it wouldnt go... I asked him, hey you outta gas?
He was all no..
So we gave up, next day he has it towed...he was outta gas..lol.

·
Registered
9,810 Posts
Re: My car died on the highway!! (W0lfsburg4)

maybe it was the mac os and extensions weren't playing nicely
LLAMAS

·
Registered
33 Posts

Not sure if this would apply, but what about relay #109. There was a lot of discussion on Fred's TDI forum about this same situation. I'm not sure if that relay is only for TDI's or for all models.

·
Banned
3,143 Posts
Re: My car died on the highway!! (VW Disciple)

yeah in a situation like u described, i would try closing all the windows and restarting...

D_J

1 - 10 of 10 Posts