VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 2.0 golf..the check engine light was on and the car started to vibrate..so i get scared **** less and turn off the car..i turn it back on and it idles at 15..but then comes back to normal and stopped vibrating...i had a cold air intake and completely forgot to change the air filter..and it was pretty bad..so i thought that was the problem..i took out the cold air and put in the stock filter..but it didn't fix it..so i took it to vw..they ran some tests..and got carbon build up in the engine...running lean..so i engine flush it and change spark plugs..add fuel injection cleaner...and it was fine for a lil bit..and now its back to vibrating and misfiring..and check engine light is on again...any ideas!? i have no idea what to do!

· Registered
143 Posts
Re: my car is misfiring!!!!!! and vibrating!! (jaipalnijjar)

Quote, originally posted by jaipalnijjar »
i got a 2.0 golf..the check engine light was on and the car started to vibrate..so i get scared **** less and turn off the car..i turn it back on and it idles at 15..but then comes back to normal and stopped vibrating...i had a cold air intake and completely forgot to change the air filter..and it was pretty bad..so i thought that was the problem..i took out the cold air and put in the stock filter..but it didn't fix it..so i took it to vw..they ran some tests..and got carbon build up in the engine...running lean..so i engine flush it and change spark plugs..add fuel injection cleaner...and it was fine for a lil bit..and now its back to vibrating and misfiring..and check engine light is on again...any ideas!? i have no idea what to do!

What exactly was done with the engine flush?

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 2002 2.0 golf..it has 54000 miles...manual...the engine flush was like a special oil cleaner..i added it to the oil and let it run for a lil bit..then i drained it..its suppose to remove all the carbon build up in the engine..also i noticed yesterday..the car vibrates and misfires only when the car temp is cold..when it warms up..it runs perfect..but the check engine light is still on..what the hell!???

Modified by jaipalnijjar at 10:39 AM 9-13-2005

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (FL 2.0L)

vx12?? i think thats the code...this sheet is hella confusing..i'll right everything it says..
54731 duplicatde ran codes and found code for system too lean area 2. misfires code and brake light switch removed spark plug and found very worn rec replacing plugs if 40k was not done 40k with brake flush. also rec bg cleaner to remove carbon build up from running rich. tested brake light switch and found not working right everytime rec replacing. rec oil change and changing other rec part then rec for running lean code..
B** vx recall
cause: perform vx recall
vx12 perform vx recall
66 wvw
1 1j0-953-235-j-01c emergency
fc: vx12 part#: count
claim type: rc
54371 performed x
i'm not really trippin about the brake switch..cuz i can fix tht later..i'm trippin about the motor..i did everything except for the wires..i didn't think i had to replace them so soon..how often are we supposed to replace them?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.