VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 97 jetta and I was driving it and it just stopped running and I have no idea what the problem is it's turning over and theres not alot of oil in it and it's not over heating or leaking any fluid and I don't know what's going on please help:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you ran your car without oil/low oil? which the motor needs to function, and your wondering why its not functioning? :facepalm:
I didn't know it needed oil the car sits in my back yard for awhile it's my girlfriends and the only time I drive it is when my car needs worked on it would be amazing if she checked out her own car once in awhile but she can't

· Registered
2,454 Posts
If a car has been sitting for a while (for me, anything over 2 days usually), it's usually a generally good idea to check all the fluids before hopping in it and taking off... You may have seized the motor... This happened to me once back in my young and stupid days. I knew it all. Never checked fluids. Ever. And the car just died on me in a tunnel. Seized the engine. That was fun. For your sake, I hope that isn't what you did...

Oh, and that story? It happened to me with a 2.0L Mk3 Jetta. :thumbup:

· Registered
8,198 Posts
FV-QR

this might sound obvious but seriously, does the car have gas....i've heard of gas gauges dying and owners not noticing leaving them with a car that wont start

· Registered
627 Posts
you need to do a lil more trouble shooting before anyone can give a legit response, is it getting fuel, spark? ur ecu could have very well fried too..
9 out of 10 times, all MK3 problems are from plastic or electrical failures.

Start there, also, some of the diagnostic work you did would help, because not enough fluids isn't a valid no start reason, short of a seized engine.

If nothing has been maintained, then why even post this thread? A lack of regular or neccessary maintenance causes problems every time.

· Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
9 out of 10 times, all MK3 problems are from plastic or electrical failures.

Start there, also, some of the diagnostic work you did would help, because not enough fluids isn't a valid no start reason, short of a seized engine.

If nothing has been maintained, then why even post this thread? A lack of regular or neccessary maintenance causes problems every time.
I really don't think the engine seized cause it wouldn't turn over right?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.