VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey. I was driving my car today (Ok I was really pushing it) And it stalled. i figured, ok, no problem, I probably did somthing wrong. But as I continued to drive, it just kept stalling. So I finally got home after all that stalling, and I figured I'd turn it off, turn it back on, and let it idle for a bit. Just to see what would happen. So I let it idle, about a minute into it, the car would turn off. It's a 94 Golf GL. Any one have the same problem, or have an idea why this may happen? Thanks everyone! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I was thinking it could be my fuel pump or somrhing.
Just a thought, I got 91 octane the other day for the first time cause it was at a low price. Could that of had an effect?

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Re: My car keep stalling...anyone has any idea why? (GioF)

check the plug thing on the top of you tb whe i had a 2.0 that thing popped out and made the car stall

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What did you just write??? lol Anyone wanna clear that up for me??

Modified by GioF at 6:18 PM 2-13-2004

·
Registered
275 Posts
Re: My car keep stalling...anyone has any idea why? (DUBBN)

Quote, originally posted by DUBBN »
check the plug thing on the top of you tb whe i had a 2.0 that thing popped out and made the car stall

Check the plug on top of your trottle body, When he had a 2.0 liter that popped off and his car stalled. Also I'm thinking that you should throw a bottle of dry gas in because it has warmed up here (well at least here in New York state) and you could have water in your gas. Since you were 'pushing' it hard you could have sucked some up into your lines.
-Todd

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Re: (ChadMk3)

Quote, originally posted by ChadMk3 »
fuel filter/injectors is my guess

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Re: (GioF)

on top of the throttlebody (tb)theres a black hose with a meatl fitting that fits into the tb i dont know what it is but i think it is some type of vacume
if you ook at you tb and see a open hole plug in the hose hanging out
try checking your other vacume lines
goodluck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts