VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, a little troubleshooting for ya. When I'm driving the car, it stays on, but as soon as I pop it into neutral to stop the car, it stalls, and just turns off. Anyonme else with this problem? Or anything they can tell me?

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
i had a very similar problem, i changed the TB, it was the TPS that was bad but you have to changed the whole TB to replace it..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Most likely, if your car stalls or cuts off it's an electrical problem, and I had been talking with some people, I had the same problem, my Ignition Coil made my car stall sometimes or otherwise cut off whenever it felt like it, but do check your simple components first (Spark Plugs, Caps, etc.).......GioF, as ya go on you figure out why certain things act up......I would also recommend to all the people out there who are broke as hell and can't afford the trips to the dealership to get the manual for your perspective cars......Helps a lot......

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yeah, I fixed the problem. I took out one spark plug, basically looked at it, didn't really do anything, and put it back on. Started her up, and she runs better then ever..maybe it was loose or something, who knows.
Anyways, thanks for the help guys, you did good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.