VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed the 4 bar FPR that I got from Kinetic
Thanks. My car normally would die off around 5800RPM's now it pulls strong from 3500 all the way to 6900. Mods are Autotech exhaust and chip
and schrick 268 cams. I can't believe the difference. Anybody else get gains like this????

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Re: My car Pulls harder now!!!!!! (vr6willeatyou)

Once your car re-learns the amount of fuel comming out, it will trim down injector pulse width putting you back to square 1 (well sort a, it's not quite that complete...)

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Re: My car Pulls harder now!!!!!! (vr6willeatyou)

quote:[HR][/HR]I just installed the 4 bar FPR that I got from Kinetic
Thanks. My car normally would die off around 5800RPM's now it pulls strong from 3500 all the way to 6900. Mods are Autotech exhaust and chip
and schrick 268 cams. I can't believe the difference. Anybody else get gains like this????[HR][/HR]​
What kind of chip do you have? With my Garrett for 268s I pull hard all the way to 7200 with my stock fuel set up.
I am puzzled by your post.
It would die at 5800??? With 268s???

·
Registered
12,101 Posts
Re: My car Pulls harder now!!!!!! (nub0w)

yah just wait till your motor learns whats happening, and i bet it will do exactly what it was doing before...these things are smarter than you think....so you might want to get yoru chip check or something...is it burned for the cams...if not you might want to do that

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: My car Pulls harder now!!!!!! (climbingcue)

I think thats my other problem. I have the Autotech chip
I doesn't quit pulling at 5800 you can just noticeably tell it dies down on power. The car is up for winter so I will be sending the ECU to Garret

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Re: My car Pulls harder now!!!!!! (Euro Flavor)

quote:[HR][/HR]yah just wait till your motor learns whats happening, and i bet it will do exactly what it was doing before...these things are smarter than you think....so you might want to get yoru chip check or something...is it burned for the cams...if not you might want to do that[HR][/HR]​
this is why an AFC would be useful ... put on an air fuel controller to tell your car that it's getting what you want it to think it's getting ... another thing that may be useful is an FPR (fuel pressure regulator) ... it'll work to maintain a specified fuel pressure... which should work to keep to gusto in your ride.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.