VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Followed this on other forums, and have to say, glad you put everything into a RD condensed version. :D

Could you elaborate more on your brakes and hub swap? (whys, clearance, and costs, etc)

Cheers! :beer:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Followed this on other forums, and have to say, glad you put everything into a RD condensed version. :D

Could you elaborate more on your brakes and hub swap? (whys, clearance, and costs, etc)

Cheers! :beer:
I went with OEM s2 hubs, I paid 400 usd shipped from england, originally I used the stock cq brakes and rotors and just had the stock rotors redrilled to the correct brake pattern, I have since upgraded to oem rs2 brake brackets with porsche 996 calipers and audi s8 rotors, everything was bolt on with good clearances. I even still run stock brake lines. I plan on going with stainless steel lines in the near future.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Parts

Way back when you mentioned you had a garage full of parts. I just bought my 90CQ (pearl/black). You wouldn't happen to have a pair of subframes in decent condition by chance? Mine are rusty... poor thing lived in wet climates before now.

Thanks,
JLS

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.