VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw someone posted their intake, so I figure i'd post mine from the summer, Very very similar. I used an AEB big port intake for the runners, tried to keep the runner length as long as possible (closest to stock as possible), and made some velocity stacks out of the stock plenum.
The whole plenum/manifold was made from scrap/junk metal, that's why there is a weld down the front (cut an 8" tube in half, then welded together).
I designed it to be 3.5" for the front, and taper to a 3.75" back plate, so it wouldn't be sqauare. This way when the metal expands/contracts on the car, it does it in a "roundish" way, and has a much better chance to resist cracking.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
AEB next to stock runners, this is before the AEB got a port job too

runners

lots of welding/grinding

Rolled a piece of sheet metal aluminum to point the throttle body forward and down, very difficult.

Bent the side 2 triangular pieces as well to give it a smooth transition.
intake temp sensor block/thing I made.

all done

on the car....

encase you guys were wondering, dyno'd on pump, made 403whp at 23-24psi, stock cams/throttle body/valvetrain.
whaddya think?

·
Registered
585 Posts
your sittin on a gold mine, make 10m n sell em for 5 to 6 hundred dollars, i know materials arent that much ..people will buy these for sure.offer powdercoated in different colors..tellin you man, you got skills..put them to work

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Re: (ginsterpoo)

Quote, originally posted by ginsterpoo »
your sittin on a gold mine, make 10m n sell em for 5 to 6 hundred dollars, i know materials arent that much ..people will buy these for sure.offer powdercoated in different colors..tellin you man, you got skills..put them to work

Yah, x2. I have a buddy that would prolly pick one up.

·
Banned
7,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: My custom Intake manifold (mudanddust)

Quote, originally posted by mudanddust »
that mani is really nice. I am working on a vrt build and am gona fab a sri for it, just wondering what alloy you used since you had to weld to the cast? thanks!

6061, which sucks for bending, haha...
for the rod, no idea, friend at work helped.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.