VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to say good things about my dealership. Generally they treat me well, but the level of service kinda scares me. Story time...
Went in for my 5K on Monday, last day of the $23.95 oil change. I asked if I could upgrade to synthetic and was told the car doesn't use synthetic. I insisted and was told it was $69.99, which i was fine with. I also asked if I could have my coils and window reg clips proactively replaced. They did the coils http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif , but didn't have parts for the regs. Later I was told that the clips were not a recall so i'd have to wait until one of my windows fails. Fine.
Get the car back like 10 hours later, already late in the day, so i just grabbed my paperwork and left (didn't feel like waiting another 20 mins for a wash that'd probably mess up my paint). It was a bit less than the quote (67ish), which isn't that bad a deal for synthetic. But upon closer inspection of my invoice, $41 of that was labour and I was charged $2.50 a quart for oil, no way that is synthetic. And to top it off, I discover my car has been leaking oil for the last 3 days after seeing a streak on the driveway and in my work parking lot. Had to check the level and bring it back to the dealership. Turns out the filter was loose, so they cleaned it up and tightened it. I got an apology out of it, but I didn't get what I asked for in the first place, and it wasn't done well. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
I think it's time I found a good non-dealership shop for my future maintenance. Rant over.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Re: My dealership is making me paranoid now.. (UnwantedDriver)

That's all part of doing the dealership dance. Doesn't matter who you go to. I love going to shops where it's some old couple running the thing. They always know what they are talking about, and are willing to work with you on the pricing.
Car ownership is about finding a shop you trust, or becoming a shadetree mechanic.

·
Registered
12,763 Posts
Re: My dealership is making me paranoid now.. (UnwantedDriver)

Eh, it's easier and cheaper to change the oil yourself. It's pretty basic, and if you screw up (although it'd be pretty hard to...) at least you know that it's your own fault.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts