VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 Beetle's driver window is going up slow. At times the auto pinch protection kicks on and goes down when it goes so slow. It is somewhat intermittent. Anyone else having this problem?...Is it a recall?

·
Registered
349 Posts
my 200 did it after i took my tint off for inspection. try cleaning the **** off thw indow and see how that works. it worked for me

·
Banned
439 Posts
Re: My driver's window goes up SLOW...anyone else have this? (dasiy)

its warranty work they will fix it for free there is a door kit for it mine did it too dealership fixed it for free

·
Registered
272 Posts
Re: My driver's window goes up SLOW...anyone else have this? (KrGs_MrN-Kusinagi0)

Just spray some silicone lubricant into the window channels.
It won't take much and it will solve your problem.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Re: My driver's window goes up SLOW...anyone else have this? (SilverShadow)

I just had the same problem 2 months ago, it's a warranty problem. Take it in to get looked at

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: My driver's window goes up SLOW...anyone else have this? (ntngman)

i had the same exact problem took it back for warranty they said that the window track was the problem and fixed it for free

·
Banned
4,711 Posts
Re: My driver's window goes up SLOW...anyone else have this? (Pingponger)

they fixed mine for free too.. this happened to me last year in winter.. never a problem since..

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Re: My driver's window goes up SLOW...anyone else have this? (SilverShadow)

Can you explain "window channel"? Is that along the bottom of the window with the two soft lips, or are you talking about the side wall, all exterior with out taking apart the window i'm assuming.
I've tried everything from spraying with silicone to cleaning the diffrent areas but unable to fix my slow window problem / sometime jam and roll back down.
I took apart the outter shell of the inside door panel (exposing all electrical connectors etc..) but hesitate to open up the next layer. I don't know how to proceed so I can have a look at the internal mechanism it self. Please help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts