VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!!

450 Views 12 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  ~*VdubGiRL*~
WTF???...my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!!

well fellas, the topic says it all...when i stick the key in and turn it, it's like i'mm not doin anything...now i have to lock/unlock from passenger side..plz help, what do u guys think it is....
See less See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Re: WTF???...my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!! (COCO NUTS !!)

whats the temp where you are ?
Re: WTF???...my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!! (Prognosis)

day time, it's bout 69-75...night time about 43-52...u think that might have caused it?....plz help

my lock doesn't work either, but its because theres an inch and a half of snow, its frickin freezing outside, and i powerwashed my car on tuesday.
not smart on my part

it might be just a broken pin, i suggest taking it to your dealer and getting it fixed.
See less See more

quote:[HR][/HR]well fellas, the topic says it all...when i stick the key in and turn it, it's like i'mm not doin anything...now i have to lock/unlock from passenger side..plz help, what do u guys think it is....
[HR][/HR]​
mine does that occasionally, i just wiggle it a bit. winter time, forget it...it just freezes out. I'm afraid mine will go all bad, especially since my passenger lock is shot to [email protected]!#
...I'ld like to know what the deal is, too
See less See more
Re: WTF???...my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!! (loopsnew)

Hahahaaa... How many of you, that live in colder climates, leave your car unlocked alot more in the winter? I think those door locks are in the top 5 major design flaws in the MK3.
Re: WTF???...my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!! (LangsamKafer)

quote:[HR][/HR]Hahahaaa... How many of you, that live in colder climates, leave your car unlocked alot more in the winter? I think those door locks are in the top 5 major design flaws in the MK3.[HR][/HR]​
yeah, what's messed up is that i live in the deep south...how cold can it get here? know what i mean???? big flaw

[Modified by loopsnew, 11:07 AM 11-29-2001]
See less See more

The part that connects the lock cylinder to the rod that unlocks the car could have broken. Same thing happened to me on my audi. Should be a relatively cheap diy fix.
See less See more
Re: WTF???...my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!!

I fixed mine last year, it was about $30-$40. The new version is much beefier than the stock version and will hopefully hold up longer. It's a pretty simple fix and you can do it on your own. You DON'T have to remove the inside door pannel like I did. You can get away with just taking off the door handle.
GLenn
Re: WTF???...my drive's door doesn't work no more...plz help!! (Glenn J)

If its just stuck from the cold, grab a cigarette lighter and heat up your key a bit...try to wiggle it around in there. If it doesn't feel at all like it's going to cooperate, you will have to fix it like mentioned before. Good luck.

i live in sunny san diego..i should have this B.S
See less See more

i live in sunny san diego..i shouldn't have this B.S

OOPS...correction
See less See more

who knows CoCO.. prolly the same BS that happens everytime i put in a new radio.. BLAMMO a fuse blows.. NOW my damn door wont control my windows.. UGHHHHHH
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.