VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone;
Well, I just did a stupid thing last week. My Dad's Audi finally died and he needed a car right away, so I told him I would sell him my Golf. He agreed and we went to the Dealer to find a replacement car for me. Well, I've been hankering for a TDi for a while now but *really* wanted a Golf. Do you think I could find one that wasn't Automatic though!?!?! No!
So I settled on a 2001 JETTA TDi. It's nice and drives great, but I DON'T LIKE THE TRUNK!!! I REALLY WANT A GOLF!!!

Stupid me; since I was in a rush to buy a car, ended up getting this Jetta at a dealer with whom I don't normally deal and their service wasn't very good and then I find out this weekend that the EXACT Golf I want came in at Leaven's VW in London.

So now I want to get rid of the Jetta and get a Golf since that is what I really wanted in the first place!!! I asked the Dealer if they would take it back since it really isn't suitable for what I want, but I know they are under no obligation to do that
but they are going to consider it and get back to me next week.
I won't hold my breath though, but if I trade it in right now, I fear I will lose too much $$ since Dealers can only give me the wholesale value for a Trade!
I don't know what to do; too bad you can't just take a car for a week's trial cuz I just don't like working out of the trunk (I'm an Environmental Scientist and work out of my car in the field; a LOT!).
So.... does anyone have a Mk4 GOLF TDi they want to trade or have any suggestions on what I can do without losing thousands of dollars in the process???
Thanks!
(I think the blonde highlights must have gone through to my brain
).
Anyway, any ideas are appreciated.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Re: My dumb mistake :| (VW Scully)

I guess it doesn't matter now, but you should have rented a car until you could find the car that you wanted.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Re: My dumb mistake :| (Winged Nut)

Quote, originally posted by Winged Nut »
I guess it doesn't matter now, but you should have rented a car until you could find the car that you wanted.

yeah exactly what he said
jetta is not that bad seriously. i have a GTI and the trunk is so damn small compare to the jetta
and i want the jetta over GTI in the first place b/c of insurance purpose (too bad i couldnt find a good deal on jetta 1.8T when i was doing a car hunt)
at least u have a TDI so u can laugh at the gasser paying for high price of gas.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
This is just the typical Cognitive dissonance that sets in after a major purchase.
I am sure that after a few days you will be able to work with the jetta just fine. Is it a lot harder to work out of or a slight convenience factor...Either way, don't get too flustered about it.
Worst case, see if your dad wants to trade cars with you and he can assume the payments etc...?

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ya I know there's a few things I could so (or could HAVE done), but now I feel like a dumbass
and I still want a Golf.

Worst case scenario; I can sell the Jetta privately and just buy a Golf!
So..............anyone wanna buy a really nice Jetta TDi???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts