1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Muskmobile M3 Dual Motor, '10 Smugmobile
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
my F̶r̶e̶n̶c̶h̶ ̶l̶a̶d̶y̶ history of weird Euro cars

Hello TCL!

Been a while since I posted something here, but than again; I'm sure nobody missed me :D

Just thought I'd share what I daily nowadays. Nothing special, but since you guys don't get to see so many French cars I thought it would be cool to drop some info.

It does has a couple of TCL-darling things going for it though; it's Euro, it's a diesel, it's a manual and it's a wagon!

Some specs: it's a 2002.5 Citroen C5 Break 2.0 HDi with 110 hp. the colour is called "vert mer du Nord" so North sea green I guess :p
It now has 250k km's on the clock and still going strong.
One cool feature is the Hydractive suspension. It drives like it's floating on air and ofcourse with the large amounts of snow we get here, any extra ground clearance is very welcome.

Here are a couple of pics, please let me know what you think about it :beer:

Snow mode activated

lower it!

cheers!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm not sure if I'm capable of explaining all the technical details in English, but there's a lot of information on Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydropneumatic_suspension

What it means for me as a driver is that there's a button between the handbrake and shifter that sets the ridehight in 4 steps. There is the lowest, undrivable position, then there's the normal driving position, the rough terrain mode that works untill 40 kmph and there's the super rough terrain mode (like in the last picture) that works untill 10 kmph.
The car also automatically detects the road conditions and untill a certain level, automatically adjusts the ride hight. It also lowers the suspension 15mm when driving 110 kmph or faster.

There are some ways to "fool" the system so that you can also drive it in the lowest or highest position, but with this being a French car, I don't want to take too many risks :D

·
Banned
7,776 Posts
Seriously awesome Citroen, from one fan to another. :thumbup::thumbup:

Would look great with some nice wheels on it, though.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

It's now in winter mode, so it's boring 15" steel wheels with studded tires for the next couple of months. Perhaps in the spring I should start looking for some cool wheels. I've had a mighty hard time trying to figure out what kind of wheel and especialy what colour would suit this car though. Suggestions always welcome :)

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
Great wagon, but I was actually expecting French woman in this thread.

·
Registered
11,109 Posts
Citroean really should have tried selling cars consistently in Canada... seems like it would do well with our weather. The Volvo V70/XC70 and Subaru Outback always sold well, if this thing had an AWD option it probably would have done well.

Any interior photo's, I'd love to see how French it looks inside.

I really want to drive a car with Hydrapneumatic suspension... I hate the roads here, they are terrible. The idiots who pave new ones pave them too quickly and make them rippled from new - so the next winter they already start to crack- then in summer they buckle under the heat... Within 5 years they are in disintegration mode again with potholes and cracks and uneven surfaces... and don't forget the man-holes they scatter in the direct paths of car tires that they can't seem to level with the road surface.

·
Registered
7,031 Posts
I like it, though that color kinda sounds like "green ****e of the north":p Citroen is at it's best when they are doing their own thing.

I love all kinds of Euro wagons. A pity we'll probably never see new French branded cars in the US anymore.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
What it means for me as a driver is that there's a button between the handbrake and shifter that sets the ridehight in 4 steps. There is the lowest, undrivable position...
Because... ?? Cause from what I see, the lower it comments are correct (assuming one knows how to drive a stupidly dumped car [protip - its about the angle of attack])

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
FV-QR

It looks well... French.:beer:
Should be fun though.

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
Oh god it's so awkwardly French and 70's futuristic.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

1 - 20 of 104 Posts