VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
81 - 100 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
'21 Muskmobile M3 Dual Motor, '10 Smugmobile
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
This is crazy. I keep going back and forth between if I should do graphics or not. I also think I'll get bored with it quickly and would just be a waste of money.
Perhaps red wheels would tie it in and they need to be refurbished anyway. On the other hand I think some dark grey antrasite would look great also.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 · (Edited)
Holy mother of long-overdue updates Batman!

Last time I posted here the Citroën lady just got sold and I bought the Fiat Stilo Abarth. After some updates the Abarth looked like this and I was ready for something new.

That something new came in the firm of a 2002 Fiat Punto 16V. Half the CC's, half the HP but just as fun to drive (almost)

Traditions are traditions, so it had to be slammed on cheap-ass TA Technix coilies.

Looks beter:

Unfortunately the timingbelt decided to snap, sending the Punto to the scrapyard. Just kidding, it's standing in my parking lot waiting for somebody to pick it up for a case of cheap beer.

Yesterday picked up a replacement for the Punto, happy to be back to the weird and wonderful world of Citroën:

It's a 2005 Citroën C4 Coupé VTS. 2.0 16V, 180 hp. Awesome little car, one neat and weird feature is that the steering wheel center stays straight and only the outer ring turns.

Any questions? Ask away!

Greetings from Finland!

·
Registered
8,958 Posts
the rear looks like merde .... more pics in daylight.

What's the powertrain feel like, rocketship compared to the other cars?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 · (Edited)

The Stilo Abarth was proper quick, but compared to the newer cars this C4 is pretty rapid. No GTI in any means, but fast enough for me.

Daytime:

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 ·
^^^^^ Yeah it's pretty neat. I believe that the biggest benefit is that they could optimise the shape of the airbag, because the hub will always stay in the same position during a collision.

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
Okay, how do you get overstrike on this forum? I've looked for it before, didn't find it, and here it is in a four year old subject header...

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Okay, how do you get overstrike on this forum? I've looked for it before, didn't find it, and here it is in a four year old subject header...
You can go to some websites and it will generate whatever text you want with some special effect like upside-down writing or strike through text into some code and then you just c/p :)

·
Premium Member
3,657 Posts
You can go to some websites and it will generate whatever text you want with some special effect like upside-down writing or strike through text into some code and then you just c/p :)
Ah... Good to know. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,573 Posts

Shut your mouth de putain!

Did you sell the Abarth?
How would you rate the Selespeed after a few years of ownership?

The VTS Citroëns have always seemed been quite luke warm since the 306 VTS. A slightly hotter C4 Loeb edition or whatever with a 2.0T could have been real fun.

Those clear tail lights aren't stock, are they?

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Shut your mouth de putain!

Did you sell the Abarth?
How would you rate the Selespeed after a few years of ownership?

The VTS Citroëns have always seemed been quite luke warm since the 306 VTS. A slightly hotter C4 Loeb edition or whatever with a 2.0T could have been real fun.

Those clear tail lights aren't stock, are they?
Hi! Are you "Yugoslavia!" ?
Anyway, after having owned 2 Stilos with Selespeed I can say that from a reliability point-of-view they have been quite solid gearboxes. Performance wise; they are crap. It's just not fast enough and the gearchanges are not as smooth as a normal autobox.

I agree that a more spiced up version would be nice, but honestly the car is plenty quick with the 180 hp engine. Over 4k revs it really starts to pull like a train. Anyway the WRC cars looked pretty amazing so atleast from an appearance point-of-view a "Loeb" edition would've been awesome :thumbup:

And you're correct on the taillights, they are not original and I think I'm gonna change them.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
The Stilo Abarth was proper quick, but compared to the newer cars this C4 is pretty rapid. No GTI in any means, but fast enough for me.

Daytime:

Although I'm not digging the tails that is an incredibly slick ride.
I would love to see French vehicles in North America however I can't imagine we will anytime.

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Hi TCL how are you all doing? Hope everybody is enjoying the holiday season:)

I have some time on my hands and I thought I'd update the lil ol' thread.

Sadly I didn't enjoy the C4 too long, I still regret selling it but for some stupid reason I decided I wanted to own a BMW. So the C4 had to go and got replaced with this pretty neat 2003 318Ci.

It had the newer 2.0 valvetronic engine making 140ish horses, manual gears and black leather interior. Drove pretty well but I always regretted that I didn't get a proper 6 banger. So the 318 had to go and I was dead-set on getting a 328. Unfortunately that never happened, I had a very specific set of of wishes for the perfect 328 and I never found the one. Getting a bit frustrated with the whole searching I decided to get another one of my all-time favourites, a 2003 MK4 GTI nevàr loose.

Car was C.L.E.A.N! Drove great, completely stock and plenty quick. But when summer came I decided that I wanted to get back into motorcycles so sold the GTI and got myself a nice '99 Kawasaki Vulcan VN800.

Previous owner bobbed it out a bit, rear end is hard as nails but I love it!
With winter approaching I obviously needed another car so on a whim I picked up this 2003 Renault Megane 2.0 16V. 140 horses, 6 speed manual and actually quite nice to drive!

We also still have the '10 Prius, I never thought I'd say this but honestly what a brilliant car. Bulletproof, large, comfortable and ofcourse the MPG's.. I think I'll drive this car into the ground.

So no Citroën content? Unfortunately no, but I do want to swap the Megane for a C6 at some point. Maybe somewhere in 2019.

Ok I think that's it for now 🙂 happy holidays everybody!

·
Registered
3,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Hi TCL!
Not like anybody is reading this, but I thought it would be nice to update this little thread once again :)

The weird but brilliant Megane and the Vulcan had to go, not because they were bad, but I just have this weird urge that I want to own every car that I find interesting at one point in my life, so around 2019 I decided that I wanted a BMW 1-series. The petrol 4-bangers are not very reliable, the six-bangers are a hoot but expensive, so a turbodiesel was the one to go for. Found a CLEAN 2005 118d, manual, no options but very fun little car

Threw on some 18" staggered BMW OEM wheels, lowered it with some Eibach springs and had the ECU chipped for some more go

Well, that lasted about a year, and since 2020 I'm the proud owner of an equally clean E60 530iA M-sport. By far the nicest car I've ever had. Interior is nuts with the caramel leather and woodtrim but I love it. Comfortseats are the best investment you can ever make in a car and even after 15 years it still looks and drives like a fresh unit. The suspension has been completely overhauled because everything was worn out, took the opportunity to semi-slam it on some JOM coilovers.

What's next? Well, I'm actually waiting on delivery of my Tesla Model 3 Long Range. Something completely different, but had a test drive and was sold. Wow.. Just wow.

Thank you all for reading, hope ya'll have a great day :)

81 - 100 of 104 Posts