VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: (ZoomBoy)

guys...i mean, when you put your foot down in first gear, and that 400hp 6.0L naturally aspirate dmonster ROARS into action, you fllyyyyyy!!!
my 1.8T felt sooooooo slow after that biach...
i just wish it handled better on cornering :-(
very very comfy tho..i wonder if i could point sport shocks on it and sort ouf the roll? what do u guys think?

· Registered
17,503 Posts
Re: (RipperMan)

Quote, originally posted by RipperMan »

i just wish it handled better on cornering :-(

GTO Skidpad = .85g
2002-2005 1.8T Jetta: 0.79 g
maybe you just need to get used to driving a rwd car with ridiculous amounts of power? granted, you mgiht have suspension on your car, but you can always upgrade the gto.

· Registered
15,241 Posts
Re: (GTiTOM)

Quote, originally posted by GTiTOM »
GTO Skidpad = .85g
2002-2005 1.8T Jetta: 0.79 g
maybe you just need to get used to driving a rwd car with ridiculous amounts of power? granted, you mgiht have suspension on your car, but you can always upgrade the gto.

Just looking at skidpad numbers is such a lousy way of measuring handling. It measures grip, but handling is so much beyond that.... like what happens when the grip disappears. Does it snap around? Does it wash out in the font end? Is it progressive and controllable? Skidpad is great if you are the one doing the driving.
That's off topic though
You would be surprised at what a set of decent shocks can to to transform a car. I would say budget for a set of Konis, leave the springs as they are and maybe swap out sway bars. But start with Konis and go for it! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Premium Member
31,821 Posts
Re: (geofftii2002)

also, what are the stock rubbers on the GTO? i'd love to take one of those on a lapping day with a set of stickies.

· Registered
5,829 Posts
Re: (DohRado)

Quote, originally posted by DohRado »
the gto is an awesome car. as for the body roll, maybe some larger sway bars would control the car better.

You said it. Its a great base if you want to build up a car, nice looking body and interior. Pretty good transmission and Great motor. With another $6-7k this car would be unreal. FUN FUN.

· Registered
9,021 Posts

Quote, originally posted by geofftii2002 »

Just looking at skidpad numbers is such a lousy way of measuring handling. It measures grip, but handling is so much beyond that.... like what happens when the grip disappears. Does it snap around? Does it wash out in the font end? Is it progressive and controllable? Skidpad is great if you are the one doing the driving.
That's off topic though

that's funny, cuz the Top Gear review of the Holden said it was one of the easiest car to control he's ever driven. Oversteer when you want it and easily controllable.

· Registered
17,503 Posts

Quote, originally posted by geofftii2002 »

i know i know

but my basic point still stands. gto is a better handler than a stock fwd jetta. but for someone not used to driving a rwd car with a lot of power, it might be harder to control than their underpowered fwd car. therefore it would seem to them that the fwd car is a better handler.

· Registered
1,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (KILLAHDANKS)

Quote, originally posted by KILLAHDANKS »
You said it. Its a great base if you want to build up a car, nice looking body and interior. Pretty good transmission and Great motor. With another $6-7k this car would be unreal. FUN FUN.

thats exactly what i was hoping/thinking.
I still might get one...quality interor + perfomrance...and with a bit of moola great halding tooo - cant be beat.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.