VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I inherited this car from my uncle.The list of things that I've done to it is too long to type from my phone but hopefully I'll get around to typing it on my computer sometime. I've put a total of $1200 into it, half of that spent on audio. The car has 100k miles and spent its life in California. I lowered it on neuspeed race springs and its in the process of being debadged. Having a lot of trouble finding the right paint. May have to go with stickers to cover up my bondo work. It's riding on vw teardrop alloys. Let me know what you think and I'd love to hear recommendations for future work.

·
Registered
7,976 Posts
Nice car. I debadged my first car, an '88 Jetta the same way: filling the VW emblem with Bondo... I'm surprised it never cracked when I had it, everyone said it would (due to temperature changes).

Believe it or not, I found the perfect can of paint for Alpine White at Strauss Auto... It Took about three times to get the right one, but it matched great.

I may even still have the can in my garage, I can check and let you know. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Looks nice. Have fun and keep it white!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice car. I debadged my first car, an '88 Jetta the same way: filling the VW emblem with Bondo... I'm surprised it never cracked when I had it, everyone said it would (due to temperature changes).

Believe it or not, I found the perfect can of paint for Alpine White at Strauss Auto... It Took about three times to get the right one, but it matched great.

I may even still have the can in my garage, I can check and let you know. :thumbup:
If you've still got it I'd love to know. This paint is impossible to find.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.