1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my dyno post here!!
I did it two weeks ago!!
And I've just bought a Schrick VGI,
Wonder how much more number can I get with the VGI??
I thinking of getting MkIV head gasket too!?
what number will I get after these two mods?

[Modified by Be Lippy!!, 2:37 AM 12-3-2002]

·
Banned
1,119 Posts
Re: My first dyno!! (Be Lippy!!)

those power adders give you about what you make @ the flywheel, i dunno, you should be making more? or is that about right?

·
Registered
6,202 Posts

The VGI wont give you much hp, but it'll give you a nice lumpo of trq between 3-4K.
Your number are not bad, but I am not sure what that ABT header is doing. How much was that thing?
What kind of dyno was this, dynojet, mustang?
The head gasket will raise your compression by .6 i think or something like that, so you should get a couple hp from that if anything. Pickup a T2 lightened crank pulley. I would have said screw the VGI, and get otherstuff. But you'll be happy if its daily driven.
Also did you get the SAE corrected numbers?

·
Registered
228 Posts
Numbers

Pretty good numbers there, Be Lippy. Now to make REAL power you need a big-valve head!
VGi makes a HUGE torque difference and around 5 horsepower by itself. It matches the 268 cams very well. I can get it cheap, by the way!

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Re: Numbers (Sleeper 3.0T)

Decent #'s http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: My first dyno!! (GTIVR6RACER4EVER)

quote:[HR][/HR]
What kind of dyno was this, dynojet, mustang?
Also did you get the SAE corrected numbers?[HR][/HR]​
I did it on a dynojet, what is the deifference between a dynojet and a mustang?? And what is SAE corrected numbers??

·
Registered
391 Posts

I didn't know ABT made a header for the VR6. What kinda power gains could you feel when you installed it?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: My first dyno!! (vrsixxx)

quote:[HR][/HR]I didn't know ABT made a header for the VR6. What kinda power gains could you feel when you installed it?[HR][/HR]​
Feels like It produces more power at high end, but the most noticeable gain is the noise. It sounds alot wilder than the stock header!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts