VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

hello everyone, some may remember my tag from last year when I joined to diagnose an issue on my wife’s mk6 gti.
At the middle of April I pretty much had my old car ( fiesta ST) paid off. And with the headaches the car was giving me, quite literally, I started browsing the used car market. Wasn’t finding much that fit my needs until this golf R popped up locally. Long story short, I traded in the Ford for my first proper euro car and couldn’t be happier. It’s quick, comfortable, and my biggest requirement being AWD for winter.
I’m calling it thwomp, after the angry bricks from the super Mario games.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Congrats! My last car was also a FiST, fun but the R is a massive upgrade in every way. Especially at stage 2! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Good color choice.

Reactions: Faio

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Only mods so far that can tell are the neuspeed intake ( which I’ve got a new mount for, the old one is shagged) and I just put on the ecs aluminum oil filter housing because I derped and stripped the nut off the plastic one. Which is ok since it was starting to seep from the drain. Replaced the hpfp cam follower ( which looked good still at 77k for a stock car) and replaced the n80 valve since it was acting up.
I’ve quite a laundry list for the wife’s gti ( suspension,brakes,exhaust) so for now the mods are gonna come slowly.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I’ve got winter prep mods in mind. For both cars really, ( metal skid plates, and I’ll need snow tires and wheels.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts