VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's sad to say and think about, but my original '87 16v Scirocco, my faithful friend, will be gone this weekend. Chris is on the bus, coming up from California. We will be doing a clutch swap and some various work on the car, and he'll drive it home tomorrow. I'll post pictures as things come along.
On the positive note, I am using the money for the new Scirocco, and I need more driveway space!

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Re: My first Scirocco will be gone today! (kalvinlk)

Quote, originally posted by kalvinlk »
It's sad to say and think about, but my original '87 16v Scirocco, my faithful friend, will be gone this weekend. Chris is on the bus, coming up from California. We will be doing a clutch swap and some various work on the car, and he'll drive it home tomorrow. I'll post pictures as things come along.
On the positive note, I am using the money for the new Scirocco, and I need more driveway space!

Awhhh...
But yay!

· Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: My first Scirocco will be gone today! (Agaeris)

Yeah, it's heading south. we may not have to do a clutch, it *could* be as simple as the auto adjusting clutch cable, we are going to check it all out tomorrow and see what the story is. I'll keep updates, and send some pics your way!
Chris will have a pretty decent setup when he gets home and starts combining the two cars together. Sounds like he's got the suspension setup to transfer over, some various other goodies including some better condition seats etc etc.

· Registered
1,507 Posts
Re: My first Scirocco will be gone today! (power_house)

Just got a call from Brave Sir Robin:
He's fillin' up his new 'rocco with gas and his headin' south! He said the clutch didn't need to be replaced.
I told him to stay awake this time.

· Registered
911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: My first Scirocco will be gone today! (SheRocco)

Yeah, he futzed with the auto-adjusting cable and got it to grab a bit better and decided to drive home. Good, I didn't feel like a clutch swap this weekend, not one bit

My driveway is so empty now

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.