VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so first things first I'm probably in the wrong forum but I guess the mods can move me. I just picked up a 2001 GTI VR6. It's my 9th car but my first VW. I've always been into VW and even went to Waterfest last year in a Toyota. As my name says I'm a technician for MINI Cooper. If anybody has a question about them just shoot me a PM. I'm going to post up again in the classifieds, but if anybody reading this has a matchstick red stock hood I'm looking to trade for one for my carbon fiber one. The previous owner didn't have the stock hood and I'm not crazy about the CF. I've been looking into doing the Boser hood if I buy a primer hood and have to paint it. I guess I'll read up on them a little more and figure out what I'm going to do.
I attached a pic. -John

· Registered
354 Posts
Re: My First VW (MINItechGTI)

John, welcome to the Vortex. It appears you have found the correct forum.
Spend some time reading here and in the MkIV forum and you will learn more about your car than any repair manual can teach you. The Vortex Search feature contains years and years of archived posts on just about everything concerning your car.

· Registered
2,065 Posts
Re: My First VW (MINItechGTI)

if your not too big into cf you can paint it red? vr6's need all the weight reduction we can get

· Registered
4,656 Posts
Re: My First VW (rdubVr6)

Quote, originally posted by rdubVr6 »
if your not too big into cf you can paint it red? vr6's need all the weight reduction we can get

especially mk4s

· Registered
2,218 Posts
Re: (B4WrNd)

now pull the motor and take many (not man) pics
I think the difference between vw people and other people who don't get us is that to us, things like cruise control only working in 84 degree weather or higher is just our car being an individual

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.