VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have an 84 jetta. the carpet is soggy wet. the only leak that i've seen was a drip out of the interior light above the drivers door. i also noticed a small bit of water in the lower glove compartment. i checked the sunroof drainage tubes and they were good. i didnt see any drainage tubes in the rear of the sunroof. so i dont kno if they're are rear drainage tubes for the sunroof or not. im already gonna get the windshielf resealed extra good.
what do you guys think is the most likley problem?

· Registered
194 Posts
Re: my floors are wet. advice? (offthrottledrifter)

Got same car, same problem. The drain tubes for sunroof - you have to pull the headliner down and look up at the plastic metal connection- it is a white tube slipped over the metal tube.
Look at your door seals especially how they contact the door frame. Mine actually were slipping under instead of pressing against. What I did was take a strand of household wire and stuff it under the seal lifting it up a bit. Especially note thecorners of the door where the seal gets thinner. That extra shimming gives a better contact. Really look close. So yours may be not contacting in the front ofthe door (near the hinge) Either that or buy new door seals. kAlso, check under the carpet drivers side under the electrical harness...it probably has rotted thru.
Depending on where the carpet is wet, if it is on passenger and drivers. look in the wiper tray and silicone all the body seams. Thats where it comes from(I havn't run accross windshield problems yet. Also, where the water drips out of the tray straight down is another body seam-fender to firewall

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.