VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah as it's states today I had been on my way home from work, while traveling home on the hwy, 75 mph, far left lane, I came up behind an (E30) 318i heavily used, traveling 65 mph in the left lane. I flashed my hi-beams twice indicating I wished to pass, the driver ignored, well just as I went to pass on the left, an eighties F150 lariat decided that it would change lance too, no signal he just darted over, I observed the tail gate down on the p/up with standing dirt and gravel in the bed un secured
in fact as he changed lanes in front of my 5 mo. old black Jetta otherwise immaculate, fertilizer ,pebbles, gravel and string, among a smashed soda can and a big gulp blew out on to the hwy, in which several of the objects mentioned struck my Jettas front clip at hwy speed

I start to panic, and abruptly change lanes back to the fast lane, cutting off a Ford Windstar that had been coming up rapidly in the lane, and am now behind the slow poke 318 again, also the F150 is perpendicular to both my car and the 318 about two car lengths up, at this point I want off the hwy altogether but can't brake safely nor move right as there are cars packed in between in the right lanes, every sing bump in the road would result in more gravel and foreign objects to projected like missiles flying out of the back of this unsecured p/up
so at this point im HOT
flashing hi beams and honking at the 318 to move so I can catch the truck to get the tag and take pictures well this is a failed effort, finally I break to the right, shift down to third and plant my left foot, I'm in a 2.slow so this is well within safe driving, and catch the MF in the F-150 he appears to be Vietnamese and can't make out sh...t of what I'm saying, I whip out my digital cam and snapped off 7-10 shots as fast as I could the guy literally thought I was trying to kill him as he darted off the hwy like the taliban fleeing an U.S. artillery fire, I wish I had a few granite rocks under my seat to chuck through that SOB window, you guy's don't realize how upset I am, my then perfect car now has 6-7 large chips in the hood and to chips in the glass, my crystal clear headlamps now look like poop too! I feel like all of this could have been avoided some
how
if Americans and illegal immigrants would learn how do drive on our roadways, I'm just saying if lazy arse would have shut his godamn tailgate and the Bimmer driver been motoring 65 mph in the slow lane, I would not be cursing and offending all that will ban hawk this post, I'm sorry just needed to vent.

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Re: My front end is ruined from one p/up truck on the hwy today. (Hemoglobin)

damn man.. sorry to hear that..

glad you're okay though!

·
Registered
15,377 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]
I wish I had a few granite rocks under my seat to chuck through that SOB window, you guy's don't realize how upset Iam[HR][/HR]​
calm down,how You know that he is illegal immigrant?
I am immigrant (became citizen ) and if You will react like this to non american peoples this will not help to anyone.Probable he was more scared than You.
also,throwing rocks into peoples is BAD
You can end in jail for something like this
little respect to other people even they make mistake

[Modified by Fantomasz, 6:15 PM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
1,603 Posts

Glad to hear you're ok. Best of luck with finding the guy and handing him the bill for your repairs.

·
Registered
870 Posts

I feel like all of this could have been avoided some
how
[HR][/HR]​

yeah by not driving like an idot in the first place....just because the rest of the world decides to drive close to the speed limit doesn't give you free reign to harass other people, i.e.-flashing high beams. I hate people who drive like you and when I see someone flash their beams at me, I ignore them just like the 318i did.
I am sorry that your car is now blemished- but it could have been avoided.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: My front end is ruined from one p/up truck on the hwy today. (mcbgti)

I feel like all of this could have been avoided some
how
yeah by not driving like an idot in the first place....just because the rest of the world decides to drive close to the speed limit doesn't give you free reign to harass other people, i.e.-flashing high beams. I hate people who drive like you and when I see someone flash their beams at me, I ignore them just like the 318i did.
I am sorry that your car is now blemished- but it could have been avoided.[HR][/HR]​
yeah by not driving like an idiot in the first place....just because the rest of the world decides to drive close to the speed limit doesn't give you free reign to harass other people, i.e.-flashing high beams. I hate people who drive like you and when I see someone flash their beams at me, I ignore them just like the 318i did.
I am sorry that your car is now blemished- but it could have been avoided.[/QUOTE]
Ok how is 65 mph although the speed lmt in Ca, safe? While disrupting faster traffic that would typically use the designated lane for passing? Second when is flashing your hi-beams not a polite way to communicate to other drivers sharing the road with you? Also you tell me what is more insulting I pay taxes to have clean roadways to motor on, so when some careless sole decides to not use common sense, to think? Humm? might having my tailgate down with dirt and garbage in the back be unsafe to other motorist? for god sake I ride a motorcycle also and have been hit in the head, cuts on my arm from flying debris that people don't bother to fasten down correctly.
I tell you what why don’t you sit behind oh let say a garbage truck, or gravel hopper, dump truck or whatever dirt spewing, rock chucking vehicle you can find on the freeway and sit there for 15 min behind it.

·
Registered
870 Posts

you know what, you can always slow down and put more distance between you and the truck so you won't be hit by all that sh*t. I am really sorry about your car and I would be just as pissed as you are, but it could have been avoided. I live in massachusetts, home of the famous M******* driver, I know there are idiots out there, I just make it my goal to avoid them on the highways. Don't take offense by what I write, the driving like an idiot comment was uncalled for, but this could have been avoided. thats all.... Good luck with your car.

·
Registered
596 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]while traveling home on the hwy, 75 mph, far left lane,
Ok how is 65 mph although the speed lmt in Ca, safe? [HR][/HR]​

Also, how were you going to pass on the left when you were in the far left lane???
Sorry to hear about your car tho, that sucks. 95% of people on the road are idiots that are totally oblivious to everything and don't have a shred of common sense. I see trucks all the time driving around with the tail down and all kinds of things sliding around in the back. Is it that hard to figure out things move around in a moving vehicle?! The part about immigrants... I kinda see your point as I've seen many many non-american people who can't/don't read road signs and drive dangerously. Crappy driving isn't a trait that's unique to immigrants tho, there are more then enough americans that are just as bad if not worse in some cases.
I think all of this could have been prevented tho if you adjusted your driving style. I ALWAYS ride in the far right lane about 10 car lengths behind whoever is in front of me, especially if traffic is heavy. Then I don't have idiots on either side of me, I can exit without having to push my way thru several lanes, I can react in time if someone does something stupid, and I can pull over on the shoulder if I have a problem. I do pull left and pass people, but only if they are going under the speed limit and traffic is light, otherwise I just deal with it.
Good luck with your car!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: My front end is ruined from one p/up truck on the hwy today. (pyroguy)

Yeah you all are right, It's not like I was in a hurry, I should have just pulled over into the left shoulder, although un-safe, but at least I would have been able to let the nasty truck get out of plain sight, I just hate being in that predicament, it's like all the dump trucks and gravel trucks are drawn to my shiny car?. thanx
-Ryan

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Re: My front end is ruined from one p/up truck on the hwy today. (pyroguy)

quote:[HR][/HR]I ALWAYS ride in the far right lane about 10 car lengths behind whoever is in front of me, especially if traffic is heavy. Then I don't have idiots on either side of me, I can exit without having to push my way thru several lanes, I can react in time if someone does something stupid, and I can pull over on the shoulder if I have a problem. I do pull left and pass people, but only if they are going under the speed limit and traffic is light, otherwise I just deal with it.
Good luck with your car![HR][/HR]​
good that u're driving safe, but that sounds too extreme for me. maybe i'm too young to be that patient.
one thing tho, i never like staying in the far right lane cuz usually that's where slow traffic merges, i find it more dangerous than cruising at a steady pace in one lane.

[Modified by billgti, 2:36 AM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
418 Posts

Having a 2 month old black Jetta I know how you must feel to get some dings in the paint. Just dust alone on my car drives me crazy. However, being an American I take a minor annoyance by the comment that I as an American need to learn to drive. Though my fast driving keeps most people from needing to pass me I always pull to the next lane when another car aproaches from the rear. This is a general rule for most populated areas. I would bet a large some of money that there has been a time in your life that you were driving with someone very pissed behind you as well and you never knew because you just didnt look back. The proper thing to do in that situation would have been to slow until the problematic traffic had moved on. Think of the collisions YOU could have caused in your agressive and hostile driving. The guy in the BMW is probably telling the guys at work about the nuttcase behind him on the highway.

[Modified by 02glx, 7:34 PM 4-6-2002]

·
Registered
343 Posts
Re: My front end is ruined from one p/up truck on the hwy today. (02glx)

Driving in Germany for 3 years gave me an appreciation of how idiotic our drivers are. If people treated driving as the privilege it is these things wouldn't happen. I can't stand people who get in the fast lane and don't go with the flow of traffic. Here's a clue if people are passing to the right of I don't care if you're going 100mph, you need to get over to the right. In Texas the left lane is for passing only, violating that law is just as bad as breaking the speed limit.

·
Registered
5 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR] I hate people who drive like you and when I see someone flash their beams at me, I ignore them just like the 318i did. [HR][/HR]​
A perfect example of why Americans need to learn to drive. Don't you know that in Europe when you get flashed by faster moving traffic, you must yield right of way? I know it was also a law in WA state for awhile, too.
Why is it that Americans think they travel along in the left lane without moving over when someone comes up behind them. It doesn't matter if you're traveling at the speed limit - if someone wants to pass, LET THEM! You don't own the road!
I used to come up behind people in the left lane, drive close to the shoulder to get my headlights reflecting in their mirror to catch their attention, and then flash them if they didn't move over. 90% of them still wouldn't move over, and I'd have to pass them on the right. I really wanted to ram them off the road, because I KNOW they could see me, especially at night, and its just plain uncourteous not to move over. Now I just blast by them on the right and scare the crap out of them - serves them right!
I think we should all go through the rigorous testing Germany requires to get licenses - I bet we'd weed out a lot of crappy drivers AND properly train the ones that do make it through...

[Modified by Shogun, 4:02 AM 4-7-2002]

·
Registered
40 Posts
Re: My front end is ruined from one p/up truck on the hwy today. (Shogun)

Personally , because many Americans ARE discourteous idiots when they drive , my tendency IS to ignore some jerk that comes up on me in moderately heavy traffic when I'm going 10-15 MPH over the limit and flashes his/her beams at me because it's the only lane that's flowing . When I get flashed in this manner it's usually by some 20-something idiot f**k and not a courteous gesture indicating they'd like to pass . Yeah , it's great that Germans know how to drive but we're not in Germany and you have to consider that the majority of the drivers around you are not tuned in to that style of driving...nor will it be particularly appropriate in commute traffic . Within a fifty mile radius of me live 6-7 million people and it conditions you to react in a certain manner - it ain't North Dakota and you've got to adjust your driving style accordingly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.