VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need some help!!!the battery is ok,the distribuitor is ok but the car take too long to start,i think that is the idle switch in the trothle body that is broken,what do you think????

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: my g60 don´t start (mrkrad)

always take too long to start,i have to turn the key 10 times or more,you say that the engine don´t need the idle switch,right?but cold this be the problem or something more is wrong???thanks

· Registered
24,970 Posts
Re: my g60 don´t start (ptvr6)

the idle and wot switch yes are on top of the TB. their function is pretty simple to figure out. the plug in behind the TB, if you choose to unplug,please note that it can be dangerous to drive on boost with this plug removed in some cases. (AKA don't get on boost if you choose to unplug these switches).
you changed the blue cts already??? thats a $14 part. every 60K is a good time to change it. You can plug the BLUE HARNESS into the BLACK CTS to test this theory.

· Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

you changed the blue cts already??? thats a $14 part. every 60K is a good time to change it. You can plug the BLUE HARNESS into the BLACK CTS to test this theory.

explain me this please

· Registered
6,072 Posts

Quote, originally posted by ptvr6 »

explain me this please

i've disc the blue cts and start the car before, tho ur no supposed to...but it took a longgg time to start...so check ur blue cts and the connectors

· Registered
117 Posts
Mine has this problem too, yesterday I cranked it atleast 50 times before it started, sometimes it takes 1 crank, sometimes a couple, but I also have idle problems where the engine rpm boggs down, sometimes shutting off then rising to 1500rpm. I want to burn my car.

· Registered
24,970 Posts
Re: (ptvr6)

no really thats quite normal
the failure of the key cylinder 99% stops the starter solenoid
other 1% stops the ecu
there was a guy here when you were not moving, his car would rev to 5500rpm then the keys would vibrate at a harmonic that would cause the ecu to lose power due to key cylinder. that was very difficult to debug!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.