VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 20 of 528 Posts

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My GLI with pics

i purchased my tornado red gliin november and am now gonna be doing work to it these next 6 weeks. ive gotten some minor things done already, but heres the list of things what im gonna do/ordered for my car.

-s1-solowerks coilovers *ordered
-18" VW Golf R wheels (reps) *ordered
-Gloss Black Roof
-yellow Laminex foglights

Things done already

-15% tint all around
-smoked laminex taillights w/reverse cut-out\

Pics will be posted as the car is worked on. any suggestions, ideas im open to as this is my first v-dub and want some opinions. i hope all will like the work im doing. :beer:

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
How about some pictures?
trying to but currently having problems ughhh figures my first thread ever and its goin bad already, hope its not a bad omen lol.....how do you upload pics from computer without attaching website link? trying to but to no avail :(

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)

·
Registered
51 Posts
sub'd. good luck. you should plasti dip ur grill. would look sick on a TR gli :beer:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Like so...
:thumbup::thumbup:

or like mine:

it has done well going head to head with bugs and rocks at 70-80 the past couple weeks it has been done, no chips yet

·
Registered
415 Posts
I was thinking about putting some yellow lamin-x on my fogs for my TR GLI too, still not sure yet, but doesn't look bad :thumbup:
x2...really can't decide yet. it does look good indeed though!!!

aero can you post some more pics of your fogs? :wave:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Like so...
also, know it's wrong place to ask this, but how did you get the bottom chrome strip off? havent gone at it yet, just seeing how it is attached to the lower bumper since it cant be the same as the top 4 pieces

·
Registered
4,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no more Golf R wheels?
Lol actually got a smoking deal on these and they look just as good to me as the Golf R's and a hell of alot better than the stock base wheels im rolling with now. Monday is the day my suspension, wheels and lamin-x fogs go on so pics will be coming by tuesday the latest. Still debating tho on whether or not to do the gloss black vinyl roof:confused:

1 - 20 of 528 Posts