VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeap, the t/b destroy all my valves, and i found a complete engine for $450 at absolute german with only 85k, so new timing belt this time
and back in the route feels even better now tnx for posting in the last tread, i am still working with getting pics up loaded in a server from damage engine

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: my gli has been fixed (seattleguy)

If its any conselation, a customer had a 1.8T that actually broke exhaust valves. The cams locked up, due to plastic from the tensioner, wedging itself between the sprocket and the chain, thus breaking the woodruff key. Pistons were wasted to say the least. $5300 for an engine, plus I had to put a turbo on it.
Luckily it wasnt my car.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Re: my gli has been fixed (BlindingWhiteGLI)

Good to hear that another Gli is back on the road http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: my gli has been fixed (seattleguy)

Alright!
Was it hard getting that engine in? How long did it take you? Also, how did you know you were buying a working engine?

I havent seen absolute german yet. I want to go there sometime soon.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: my gli has been fixed (1987GLI)

no it wasn't hard finding a 16v engine, it was hard finding a cheap 16v,
and this place Absolute German, always have 16v in stock but they are kind of
to talk about prices, but when you don't have a choice or time well you got to do it, they have like 3 more 16v 1.8 two from gti and jetta and other one from scirroco, and i think a 2.0 from a passat but they want $700

1 - 6 of 6 Posts