VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

261 - 280 of 661 Posts

·
Registered
2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
22,405 Posts
wait wasnt this just a super-temporary beater while you waited for the latest and greatest to get to your dealership? whatd i miss?
This has all the makings of a Hallmark Christmas movie. Just replace "girl" with "car"..
Guy is lonely waiting for the perfect girl.
Over the Christmas holiday, guy meets a scrappy looking girl from down south through some mutual friends.
Girl moves the big city of Chicago to be with guy for a "short term relationship."
Fuzzy feelings! This is so exciting!
Oh no! Girl has some issues and needs to see the doctor!
Good news! She's going to live and be better than ever!
Through thick and thin, guy falls in love with girl.
What started off as a short term fling becomes long term.
Cut to next year's Christmas. They're expecting and it's a girl!

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Sam isn't going to be happy about you referring to her as "old girl".
:laugh:
This has all the makings of a Hallmark Christmas movie. Just replace "girl" with "car"..
Over the Christmas holiday, guy meets a scrappy looking girl from down south through some mutual friends.
Girl moves the big city of Chicago to be with guy for a "short term relationship."
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

~~~~~

O-Rings for coolant pipe came in to parts and I purchased them. Parts manager wasnt the happiest that I had him order the Supply pipe and cancled the order since I found the other O-Rings.

Updated COO:$3,185.66

·
Registered
1992 Mazda Miata
696 Posts
:laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

~~~~~

O-Rings for coolant pipe came in to parts and I purchased them. Parts manager wasnt the happiest that I had him order the Supply pipe and cancled the order since I found the other O-Rings.

Updated COO:$3,185.66
Sounds like a trip to the local Pub is in order to buy the Parts Manager a :beer:, only adds a few bucks to the COO

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #265
Sounds like a trip to the local Pub is in order to buy the Parts Manager a :beer:, only adds a few bucks to the COO
A lunch was offered as replacement of Drinks. He lives far so drinking in the city and driving home is no good :thumbup:

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
34,209 Posts
What kind of mutual friend does that? She's had a bad past, and she'll be nothing but problems for him.

·
Registered
1992 Mazda Miata
696 Posts
I always appreciated a Manager that takes care of his people, they make going to work enjoyable. :thumbup::heart:

·
Registered
44,354 Posts
What kind of mutual friend does that? She's had a bad past, and she'll be nothing but problems for him.
But it all works out because Hallmark movie, as opposed to real life, which in this case means it'll need to be hauled away and he's the mark. :laugh:

In actuality I certainly hope that isn't the case, but I had to. :wave:

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
34,209 Posts
The Haulmark Channel.

Don't bother watching the trailers.

·
Registered
SR71 C30 T53a/b/b A4
25,279 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
DAMN IT, I'm just now seeing this !?!

"IN" for repair bill updates :laugh:

Better stop with the plastic cups to save some baves :laugh:

·
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #272 (Edited)
Since it was bumped, ECS emailed me this evening letting me know my parts had shipped, should have them by Wednesday, which is the same day the A6 goes back. I leave Friday early morning for Mexico and come back Tuesday. Told Alex today that I would hope to be able to have everything done by Wednesday/Thursday of next week. At which point, it will officially be my daily :eek:

Hope it all goes as planned. Especially if Alex is reading this :laugh::wave:

Edit: I went ahead and bought the metal Thermostat Housing because I figured a plastic one from the south is probably pretty brittle and it would really piss me off if we go in there, change out everything and it ****s the bed 2 months from now. Add 146.85 (with expedited shipping) to the COO

Update of COO: $3,332.51

·
Registered
23,249 Posts
That's damn brilliant. :laugh:

Alex is all...

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,077 Posts
Since it was bumped, ECS emailed me this evening letting me know my parts had shipped, should have them by Wednesday, which is the same day the A6 goes back. I leave Friday early morning for Mexico and come back Tuesday. Told Alex today that I would hope to be able to have everything done by Wednesday/Thursday of next week. At which point, it will officially be my daily :eek:

Edit: I went ahead and bought the metal Thermostat Housing because I figured a plastic one from the south is probably pretty brittle and it would really piss me off if we go in there, change out everything and it ****s the bed 2 months from now. Add 146.85 (with expedited shipping) to the COO

Update of COO: $3,332.51
You made the right decision with the thermostat. Do it right, do it light. Do it wrong, do it long.

Our coach would yell that at us when we’d run in football. I guess we didn’t do anything right, cause we ran for a very very long time. :laugh:

·
Banned
13,776 Posts

·
Registered
10,892 Posts

·
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #277
That's just false, sir.

~~~~~

Bought 2 new exhaust manifold gaskets as they might have to get pulled to reach the coolant hoses. OEM parts, shipped to the store for delivery tomorrow, $16.78. Why not.

Updated COO: $3349.29

Work begins Wednesday, and I have to say, I am excited to get this thing back :)

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
That's just false, sir.

~~~~~

Bought 2 new exhaust manifold gaskets as they might have to get pulled to reach the coolant hoses. OEM parts, shipped to the store for delivery tomorrow, $16.78. Why not.

Updated COO: $3349.29

Work begins Wednesday, and I have to say, I am excited to get this thing back :)

·
Super Moderator
6,967 Posts
That's just false, sir.

See.. the Twin Cities manage to have two very cool and separate identities and a distinct overall feel. It’s like having San Francisco and Los Angeles separated by a river. Yet, the preference for one or the other is the one thing that makes Minnesotans act like an Eagles or Patriots fan :laugh:

I’d take the R8 on a trip to Minneapolis, and the S4 to St. Paul.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts
See.. the Twin Cities manage to have two very cool and separate identities and a distinct overall feel. It’s like having San Francisco and Los Angeles separated by a river. Yet, the preference for one or the other is the one thing that makes Minnesotans act like an Eagles or Patriots fan :laugh:

I’d take the R8 on a trip to Minneapolis, and the S4 to St. Paul.
MPLS is a gentrified nightmare. Not NEARLY as cool as it used to be. Unless hipster is 'cool' to you, it sucks now.

*to be noted; I only go there a couple times a year anymore so maybe I'm just in the wrong parts of town ... :confused:

261 - 280 of 661 Posts