VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

341 - 360 of 661 Posts

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Holy ****... 2 grand on food and drink someone either hustled you or you went partying hard core.... I was going to go to Cancun with my family on March flying from Mexico City for 2 adults 2 toddlers was going to set me back around 700USD and hotel was going to set me back like 250USD for a 4 days 3 nights.
Lol. Yeah. Definitely did not get hustled. **** ain’t cheap at these resorts man. I had a 250 dollar lunch yesterday.

And can confirm, final bill of food and drinks was over the cost of the S4 :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,077 Posts
Holy ****... 2 grand on food and drink someone either hustled you or you went partying hard core.... I was going to go to Cancun with my family on March flying from Mexico City for 2 adults 2 toddlers was going to set me back around 700USD and hotel was going to set me back like 250USD for a 4 days 3 nights.
$2,000 in food and drink for four days doesn't seem that crazy when the hotel room is $2,000 per night.

·
Registered
1999 MKIII GOLF Mi, 2018 Sentra Nismo
3,755 Posts
$2,000 in food and drink for four days doesn't seem that crazy when the hotel room is $2,000 per night.
damn.. that's living it up... i guess there is a high tax on some of the hotels.

Lol. Yeah. Definitely did not get hustled. **** ain’t cheap at these resorts man. I had a 250 dollar lunch yesterday.

And can confirm, final bill of food and drinks was over the cost of the S4 :laugh:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
glad you are enjoying your vacations.

·
Registered
4,463 Posts
- .... .. ... / - .- -.- . ... / -- . / -... .- -.-. -.- / - --- / -- -.-- / - .. -- . / .. -. / - .... . / -... --- -.-- / ... -.-. --- ..- - ... / .- -. -.. / - .... .- - / -.-. .-. . . .--. -.-- / ... -.-. --- ..- - / -- .- ... - . .-. .-.-.- / .-- . .-.. .-.. / - .... . .-. . / --. --- . ... / .---- ----- / -.-- . .- .-. ... / --- ..-. / - .... . .-. .- .--. -.-- / - --- / ..-. --- .-. --. . - / .-- .... .- - / .... .- .--. .--. . -. . -.. .-.-.-

·
Registered
2 Turbo Wagons.
15,015 Posts
-.-- --- ..- .--. .-. --- -... .- -... .-.. -.-- .- ... -.- . -.. ..-. --- .-. .. - ·-·-·- .--- ..- ... - .-.. --- --- -.- .- - - .... .- - ... . -..- -.-- ..- -. .. ..-. --- .-. -- -.-- --- ..- .-- --- .-. . ·-·-·-

·
Registered
44,354 Posts
The HAMs are talking. If I had a lot of free time I'd decipher it, but I don't, so I won't. I know the initial one was a bunch of "e"s, so I'm assuming there was an error. :p

·
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
You're telling me. I got so tired of waiting for this thing to be done I bought a house :eek:

Hoping for this weekend for it to be completed.

·
18,077 Posts
You're telling me. I got so tired of waiting for this thing to be done I bought a house :eek:

Hoping for this weekend for it to be completed.
I can't wait.

For either really, but the car will get here first.... Hopefully, so that's top of the list for now. :laugh:

·
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
So I bought the ECS "Ultimate Timing Belt Kit" assuming you know, ultimate, means that it has everything you would need in order to complete the timing belt change. Well, I am an idiot and assumed that. There was no tensioner in the kit. So add that to the list. Also got an oil filter since I might as well do an oil change while were doing all this work.

Updated COO: $3,455.52
As mentioned earlier, we orrdered the wrong part, so naturally, cost went up another 75 bucks.

Updated COO: $3,530.84

Alex is going to bust out some work this afternoon and I am hopeful to have it back this weekend.

·
9,902 Posts
Discussion Starter #355
Is this car going to be ugly enough for the Ugly House garage?
I honestly dont think so. I went over to service again today to pay for parts and I just had to stop and look at it. Man it sure does look good....

It will fit perfectly next to the garage in the parking pad spot :)

Untitled by smooremin, on Flickr
(crap pic, my phone kept trying to focus on the screen, but you get the idea)

Then once the R8 goes away, before the RS comes, it will live in the garage. Once the RS comes, it will once again be relegated to the side spot.

Until I build a 3 car garage. :)

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
It will fit perfectly next to the garage in the parking pad spot :)

Then once the R8 goes away, before the RS comes, it will live in the garage. Once the RS comes, it will once again be relegated to the side spot.
Dumb question maybe, but how do you get in/out of that garage? It looks like the garage is facing your house, totally fenced in and no way out.

·
18,077 Posts
Dumb question maybe, but how do you get in/out of that garage? It looks like the garage is facing your house, totally fenced in and no way out.
The car parked in front of the garage could back straight up out onto the street.

·
Registered
10,892 Posts

Until I build a 3 car garage. :)
Does that garage have door(s) to the ally ?? options are endless here !

341 - 360 of 661 Posts