VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 661 Posts

·
Millennial
German crap
23,734 Posts
$2075 is a trap. A money trap, that is. :snowcool: I'd say $2400/yr to maintain on the road.
Biturbos are indeed pains in the ass. However, as always, you’re very wrong. And I don’t have Audi master tech connections like Brandon does.

·
Millennial
German crap
23,734 Posts
For what it’s worth, Rabbit’s 2.7TT has been bulletproof.

I’m sure I just ruined that for him, but there’s hope in this world.
:laugh:

Seriously though Brandon, I’m glad you got it. I’d love to find one that was clearly owned by an adult it’s whole life for a reasonable price like that.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
:laugh:

Seriously though Brandon, I’m glad you got it. I’d love to find one that was clearly owned by an adult it’s whole life for a reasonable price like that.
This. He could have gotten a car as clean as that for twice the price, but he didn’t. He paid the same as a clapped out parts car, so he’s already a leg up...

...since the other ones been sold for the parts he already has on order :p

Someone mentioned heel-toe?

·
Registered
9,004 Posts
Almost pulled the trigger on a blue one of these several years back. Love them though, hope it works out for you :laugh: I worked at an Audi dealer at the time and still was hesitant...

Surprised you dislike the C8 A6 that much though. I think it looks good and considered getting one at some point but, maybe not. The supercharged V6 is something I'd pick over the turbo 6 all day every day anyhow.

·
How do I resize a picture?
18,092 Posts
Oh man. Looks like we have a new member for the euro sh*tbox thread.

·
Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast!
2021 RS6 Avant, 2019 Audi eTron, 2010 A6 Avant, 2002 Chevy 2500, 1988 16v Scircco
9,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #28

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Love the B5 S4 and that is a great price. You can probably part it out and make money.

It has a coolant leak from somewhere. It needs tires. The windshield washer system doesnt work. the Coolant temp sensor acts up occasionally
Fingers crossed for you that the coolant leak isn't the turbo coolant lines. They're a pain to get to and tend to leak. Ask me how I know...

·
Registered
1992 Mazda Miata
697 Posts
Congratulation on the new toy, looks like you can have quite a bit of fun with it.

Haven't driven the C8 A6, but I love my C7.5 A6, car has been fantastic. And there is a reason I kept the 2001 GTI, VR6 and manual for those days when you want to have some fun driving.

·
Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room.
Atlanta, GA ~ Honda, Ducati
34,247 Posts
OP, WTF are you doing? Save your money and do the right thing. Buy a Kia Stanger.

·
Registered
21,596 Posts
Pfffft. Should have bought a dead Volt.

·
Banned
13,776 Posts
I can think of no better life for that car than spending all it's time at the dealership.
At'll do car, at'll do...

21 - 40 of 661 Posts